Sent: Friday, December 07, 2018 8:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] Microsofts blog on the edge and chrome merge

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I wanted to share the below blog post from Microsoft themselves. Personally, this is great for developers! Less accessibility tinkering, in my opinion. Also, since chrome based stuff is open source, anybody can develop and code for accessibility. Microsoft even said they want to do this to make web accessibility better but no, Edge is not going away. Nowhere has anybody ever said edge is going away and if they did, they are wrong and can't read.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/

molly the blind tech lover

not to be rude but i dislike edge.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, 9:54 AM Robert Kingett <kingettr@... wrote:

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I wanted to share the below blog post from Microsoft themselves. Personally, this is great for developers! Less accessibility tinkering, in my opinion. Also, since chrome based stuff is open source, anybody can develop and code for accessibility. Microsoft even said they want to do this to make web accessibility better but no, Edge is not going away. Nowhere has anybody ever said edge is going away and if they did, they are wrong and can't read.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/

Devin Prater

Well, if you don’t like it because of how it shows websites, then just wait for it to switch to Chrome. If you don’t like it because of the alt+X menu, well, there’s still Google Chrome or Firefox. :)