From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 7:20 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2018.4 RC1 released

Just in case nobody has said it. I will. I cannot see the announcement but
anyone on the beta Snaps will have been sent it today.

I'll leave it up to the usual folk to fill in the where and what etc about
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Brian,

"Release Candidate 1 of NVDA 2018.4 is now available for download and testing. For anyone who is interested in trying out what NVDA 2018.4 has to offer before it is officially released, we welcome you to download the beta and provide feedback. This is a release candidate, meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2018.4 release."

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:20 AM Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Just in case nobody has said it. I will. I cannot see the announcement but
anyone on the beta Snaps will have been sent it today.

 I'll leave it up to the usual folk to fill in the where and what etc about
it.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes but not everyone is on the beta. The sad thing is that when its released you will be on stable release that means you need to change versions deliberately. Pity such a choice is not in the update part of nvda.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I saw it in the check for update menu and downloaded it from there.

Just in case nobody has said it. I will. I cannot see the announcement but
anyone on the beta Snaps will have been sent it today.

I'll leave it up to the usual folk to fill in the where and what etc about
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

As I just said, It would be nice if the update route could be selected in nvda, much as you can in other software, ie the channel in Firefox etc.

Then you can see at a glance the versions and third dates and decide. Might make more people actually want to test. Assuming that some problems are solved about downdating, one could go back if one needed to get add on compatibility back as may happen in the future pending orphaned add ons.
[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gary Metzler

I installed rc1 and so far so good. Nice job guys.

I saw it in the check for update menu and downloaded it from there.

Just in case nobody has said it. I will. I cannot see the announcement but
anyone on the beta Snaps will have been sent it today.

I'll leave it up to the usual folk to fill in the where and what etc about
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Lenron

I must agree with this wish I could switch to beta version or whatever
from inside NVDA.

On 12/11/18, Gary Metzler <gmtravel@comcast.net> wrote:
I installed rc1 and so far so good. Nice job guys.

I saw it in the check for update menu and downloaded it from there.

Just in case nobody has said it. I will. I cannot see the announcement
but
anyone on the beta Snaps will have been sent it today.

I'll leave it up to the usual folk to fill in the where and what etc
about
it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Felix G.

Hi!
Am running it too. No regressions encountered so far. Smooth sailing.
Best,
Felix