Inserting a row in MS Word table

Ann Byrne

There is an item, insert, on the applications menu--applications key or shift+f10, or right click. Insert rows above, insert rows below.

At 02:32 PM 12/10/2018, you wrote:
Thanks, it will be very helpful.

Yes, you can insert a single, or multiple,
rows above or below the currently
selected row (or rows).

Once you have selected a row or rows, hit the applications/menu key if you
have one or SHIFT+F10 if you don't. From the context menu that comes up
activate the Insert item, which will then
give you the submenu for insert,
which includes rows above or rows below. Â
There are other options as well.
If you have a single row with focus you will get a single row inserted, if
you have multiple rows selected then you will get the same number of empty
rows inserted as you already have selected.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested
in ignorance when the need for
illusion is deep.*

     ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Nevzat,

Inserting elements into tables is a Word function and is not related to any screen reader.

Move your arrow into the current table on the row before or after which you want to insert a new row. Press the application key, or the combination of alt+F10 if the application key is not available. Press Down-arrow in the application menu until you find "insert". This is a sub-menu, so press righth-arrow into it and you will see all the items that you can insert. One of these is "Rows above" and next is "Rows below".

All the best,

Cearbhall

I am doing an assignment in an MS word document with tables.
When I come to the last column of the last row I am told I can add another row by pressing tab.
That's fine, but what I'd like to be able to do is to insert a row within the table.
Is their a way to do this using NVDA or JAWS?
Your response will be appreciated.
Nevzat

Thanks, it will be very helpful.

Yes, you can insert a single, or multiple, rows above or below the currently
selected row (or rows).

Once you have selected a row or rows, hit the applications/menu key if you
have one or SHIFT+F10 if you don't.  From the context menu that comes up
activate the Insert item, which will then give you the submenu for insert,
which includes rows above or rows below.   There are other options as well.
If you have a single row with focus you will get a single row inserted, if
you have multiple rows selected then you will get the same number of empty
rows inserted as you already have selected.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for
illusion is deep.*

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Yes, you can insert a single, or multiple, rows above or below the currently selected row (or rows).

Once you have selected a row or rows, hit the applications/menu key if you have one or SHIFT+F10 if you don't.  From the context menu that comes up activate the Insert item, which will then give you the submenu for insert, which includes rows above or rows below.   There are other options as well.  If you have a single row with focus you will get a single row inserted, if you have multiple rows selected then you will get the same number of empty rows inserted as you already have selected.