Topics

this is less!

P. Otter

hi all,
in nvda 2018.4rc2 there are made changes I'm not glad with it.
it's about the emoticons.
before it was made that when you press the tab, you change the catechory
but now first you have to press windowskey plus dot or ;
after that you have to press tab to
to choose a catechory
now with right arrow  choose a catechory now enter again, after that you can tab to find the list!
before it was a lot easyer!
that was press windowskey plus .
than tab to the right catechory after that you find immediately the list!
this is much more cumbersome I think!
you can better take the way as before
in the beginning of nvda 2018.4.
cheers
paul otter

Hi,
I believe that this change was made looking for the new emojis panel. Like, now you have what I'd call subcategories, such as skin tones and more. So it's the only way we can have access to all of this emojis, I guess.
Em 15/12/2018 09:27, P. Otter escreveu:

hi all,
in nvda 2018.4rc2 there are made changes I'm not glad with it.
it's about the emoticons.
before it was made that when you press the tab, you change the catechory
but now first you have to press windowskey plus dot or ;
after that you have to press tab to
to choose a catechory
now with right arrow  choose a catechory now enter again, after that you can tab to find the list!
before it was a lot easyer!
that was press windowskey plus .
than tab to the right catechory after that you find immediately the list!
this is much more cumbersome I think!
you can better take the way as before
in the beginning of nvda 2018.4.
cheers
paul otter

Chris

When you open the emoticon panel in windows its already on the emoticons , so just arrow to the emoticon you require and hit enter, its as simple as that, nothing to do with nvda 🤣🤣s

in nvda 2018.4rc2 there are made changes I'm not glad with it.

it's about the emoticons.

before it was made that when you press the tab, you change the catechory

but now first you have to press windowskey plus dot or ;

after that you have to press tab to

to choose a catechory

now with right arrow  choose a catechory now enter again, after that you

can tab to find the list!

before it was a lot easyer!

that was press windowskey plus .

than tab to the right catechory after that you find immediately the list!

this is much more cumbersome I think!

you can better take the way as before

in the beginning of nvda 2018.4.

cheers

paul otter

Hi,
This is rather a change in Windows 10 Version 1809, not NVDA.
Cheers,
Joseph

in nvda 2018.4rc2 there are made changes I'm not glad with it.
it's about the emoticons.
before it was made that when you press the tab, you change the catechory but now first you have to press windowskey plus dot or ; after that you have to press tab to to choose a catechory now with right arrow choose a catechory now enter again, after that you can tab to find the list!
before it was a lot easyer!
that was press windowskey plus .
than tab to the right catechory after that you find immediately the list!
this is much more cumbersome I think!
you can better take the way as before
in the beginning of nvda 2018.4.
cheers
paul otter

P. Otter

no, that was also possible before 2018.4 rc1
so i don't know why they has changed.
cheers
paul o

the only you had to do was p

Op 15-12-2018 om 13:24 schreef marcio via Groups.Io:

[...]

I've seen I have to tab,  then choose catechory then enter then tab again to bring up the list in the catechory you want.
before it was a lot more simple.

Op 15-12-2018 om 14:10 schreef Chris via Groups.Io:

[...]

ok, that is possible the windows it self has been changed!!
thanks.
cheers
paul otter.

Op 15-12-2018 om 14:19 schreef Joseph Lee:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I wonder what the I hate Windows 10 imogee might be like.....:-)

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in nvda 2018.4rc2 there are made changes I'm not glad with it.
it's about the emoticons.
before it was made that when you press the tab, you change the catechory but now first you have to press windowskey plus dot or ; after that you have to press tab to to choose a catechory now with right arrow choose a catechory now enter again, after that you can tab to find the list!
before it was a lot easyer!
that was press windowskey plus .
than tab to the right catechory after that you find immediately the list!
this is much more cumbersome I think!
you can better take the way as before
in the beginning of nvda 2018.4.
cheers
paul otter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its the increasing complexity of this, in my view, pointless obsession with little pictures instead of words. OK I can cope with smilly or sad or other indications of how a particular piece of text show be seen, ie sarcasm comedy or
whatever, but as for the rest, well, call me an old curmudgeon if you like but we were given languages and yet they prefer to use pictures.

Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I believe that this change was made looking for the new emojis panel.
Like, now you have what I'd call subcategories, such as skin tones and
more. So it's the only way we can have access to all of this emojis, I
guess.

Marcio

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email <mailto:@starboy>
Add me on Skype <skype:marcinhorj666?add>
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat <https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>
Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)
My WhatsApp <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 01:46 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
call me an old curmudgeon if you like but we were given languages and yet they prefer to use pictures.
Maybe it's "a Brian thing," but this Brian is right there with you.  I have hated emoji's ever since their debut.  I resisted the use of text emoticons, too, except in very rare cases where it would be difficult to assess "tone" accurately strictly in writing.

I would not shed a single tear were emojis to land on the cyber scrap heap.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Gene

It's just another sign of the growing decline of literary culture and respect for language.  Visual representation and communication is significantly encroaching on verbal communication and media.  The results are, and will be widespread and are far from fully known but the change is occurring with far too little reflection.

This change, much more visual media, movies for one, increasingly replacing books, has very serious implications for logical thought and linear thinking.  As a very apt quote, I don't know its origin, has it, "We shape our tools and then our tools shape us."

Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 2:57 PM

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 04:31 PM, Gene wrote:
The results are, and will be widespread and are far from fully known but the change is occurring with far too little reflection.
Not that I don't agree with you, but 'twas ever thus.  Nothing has ever stopped the "march of progress," and not all so-called progress is.  Several of my favorite quotations come to mind:

   A lot of what appears to be progress is just so much technological rococo.

          ~ Bill Gray

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?

             ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

           ~ Edward Abbey

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>