Topics

Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.3_Tab key or arrow key #advisory

tarveen.kaur@...

For texas submission do we need to have tab key or arrow key compatible for all type of content, do we need to ensure that all content is 100% accessible via tab key or arrow key.

i believe yes, using arrow and tab keys is the best and most accessible way.

On 12/15/18, tarveen.kaur@... <tarveen.kaur@...> wrote:
For texas submission do we need to have tab key or arrow key compatible for
all type of content, do we need to ensure that all content is 100%
accessible via tab key or arrow key.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd have thought both have their place in a properly designed system. Standard use of windows keys is surely a must.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 2:08 PM
Subject: [nvda] Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.3_Tab key or arrow key #advisory

For texas submission do we need to have tab key or arrow key compatible for all type of content, do we need to ensure that all content is 100% accessible via tab key or arrow key.

Sile

I agree, it’s the other side of us requiring Microsoft to be consistent with the handlers they provide for accessibity. We then need to be consistent with the implementation of windows keystrokes we use on our side.

Sile

On Dec 15, 2018, at 1:10 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I'd have thought both have their place in a properly designed system. Standard use of windows keys is surely a must.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: <tarveen.kaur@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 2:08 PM
Subject: [nvda] Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.3_Tab key or arrow key #advisory

tarveen.kaur@...

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:52 AM, Sile wrote:
need to be consistent with the implementation of windows keystrokes we use on our side.
Thanks all for your help.
So would that mean if it's working fine with keyboard using tab and other shotcuts its fine.

Hi,

The other side is labels – it isn’t enough to provide keyboard-based navigation for those relying on keyboards; what makes a difference for many is properly labeled controls.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of tarveen.kaur@...
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2018 7:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.3_Tab key or arrow key #advisory

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:52 AM, Sile wrote:

need to be consistent with the implementation of windows keystrokes we use on our side.

Thanks all for your help.
So would that mean if it's working fine with keyboard using tab and other shotcuts its fine.