From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Weakland
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:57 AM
To: nvda discussion list <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] latest RC build of NVDA goes mute on windows 10 settings

when i do a windows i for settings, the settins opens, and NVDA goes silent and don't speak so i have to alt tab out and then will speak when its back on desktop or other stuff but settings box it is mute:(

--
Joseph Weakland
email

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Just tested it with windows 10 version  1809 with the windows key + letter I to get into the settings and when it opens it lands in the search box when you tab it still works well speaking the different sections and sub sections.

Gene nz

On 16/12/2018 5:56 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
when i do a windows i for settings, the settins opens, and NVDA goes silent and don't speak so i have to alt tab out and then will speak when its back on desktop or other stuff but settings box it is mute:(

Sarah k Alawami

Yes, also can't reproduce this here. If you can please provide a debug log so that the other joseph and team can help troubleshoot.

Take care

On 15 Dec 2018, at 10:31, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

Just tested it with windows 10 version  1809 with the windows key + letter I to get into the settings and when it opens it lands in the search box when you tab it still works well speaking the different sections and sub sections.

Gene nz

On 16/12/2018 5:56 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
when i do a windows i for settings, the settins opens, and NVDA goes silent and don't speak so i have to alt tab out and then will speak when its back on desktop or other stuff but settings box it is mute:(

Joseph Weakland

how would i do this?

On 12/15/2018 12:40 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yes, also can't reproduce this here. If you can please provide a debug log so that the other joseph and team can help troubleshoot.

Take care

On 15 Dec 2018, at 10:31, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

Just tested it with windows 10 version  1809 with the windows key + letter I to get into the settings and when it opens it lands in the search box when you tab it still works well speaking the different sections and sub sections.

Gene nz

On 16/12/2018 5:56 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
when i do a windows i for settings, the settins opens, and NVDA goes silent and don't speak so i have to alt tab out and then will speak when its back on desktop or other stuff but settings box it is mute:(

Joseph Weakland
email
josephweakland@...
sent from my windows 10 pc

Hi,

Try:

  1. Press NVDA_Q, then from exit dialog options, select “restart with add-ons disabled”.
  2. After NVDA restarts, use Settings app (Windows+I) and see if NVDA announces things.
  3. If NvDA still does not announce things, press NVDA+Q, then select “restart with debug logging enabled”.
  4. After NVDA restarts for the second time, go to Settings app once more and see if NVDA announces things.
  5. Press NVDA+F1 to open log viewer, then copy and paste everything in there and send it to me and Quentin privately.

Cheers,

Joseph