can't get vlc media player to start

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I just put in a movie to try to watch but I can't get vlc media player to play now. The last time I used it was during the summer when I was watching a movie my sister gaveme for my birthday. How do I get this program to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

JM Casey

Hi.

How are you trying to open it?

Are your file associations set to VlC?

What happens when you open it using the search box or run dialog?

If you’ve tried everything and there’s simply no VLC window opening, it may be time to re-install. There’s nothing special related to starting VlC; it should open like any other programme.

I just put in a movie to try to watch but I can't get vlc media player to play now. The last time I used it was during the summer when I was watching a movie my sister gaveme for my birthday. How do I get this program to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Karmelo

Rosemarie,

Try the context menu key

arrow down to open with.

You should find vlc media player.

Press enter.

Regards,

Charles

Hi.

How are you trying to open it?

Are your file associations set to VlC?

What happens when you open it using the search box or run dialog?

If you’ve tried everything and there’s simply no VLC window opening, it may be time to re-install. There’s nothing special related to starting VlC; it should open like any other programme.

I just put in a movie to try to watch but I can't get vlc media player to play now. The last time I used it was during the summer when I was watching a movie my sister gaveme for my birthday. How do I get this program to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I tried everything I could think of to open vlc media player but I'll try the "open with" and see if that works.