From: molly the blind tech lover
Sent: 19 December 2018 20:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] off topic question about deleting all emails from my inbox folder in outlook

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Brian Moore

Hi.  yep, in both cases, ctrL+a will select them all and then the delete key.

On 12/19/2018 3:18 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Hit control a, then delete? That should move everything to the trash. Then empty trash.

On 19 Dec 2018, at 12:18, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

In any standard list, control selects everything in the list.  In a document, control a selects everything in the document.  in a standard edit field, even if it is only one line, control a selects everything.  At times, I use control a to select an e-mail address in the to line, then delete an e-mail address in a message I'm replying to.  Then I delete the address and put another there, if I want to change the recipient for some reason.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:32 PM

Hi.  yep, in both cases, ctrL+a will select them all and then the delete key.

On 12/19/2018 3:18 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

You can use shift delete to immediately delete everything and not send it to trash.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:34 PM

Hit control a, then delete? That should move everything to the trash. Then empty trash.

On 19 Dec 2018, at 12:18, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

hi.
thanks, guys. it's deleting them, although i should have done this on my bigger machine. my tablet is taking a hundred years to delete them. and i feel really really sick. gross latte... bye.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 3:32 pm Brian Moore <bmoore@... wrote:

Hi.  yep, in both cases, ctrL+a will select them all and then the delete key.

On 12/19/2018 3:18 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

they're all deleted now.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 3:35 pm Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... wrote:

Hit control a, then delete? That should move everything to the trash. Then empty trash.

On 19 Dec 2018, at 12:18, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

Guys? I’m never going to delete the emails using my tablet. With only 4 gigabytes of ram and only one gigabyte available, it’s too slow. Thank god my laptop has 4 gigabytes of ram left.

Hit control a, then delete? That should move everything to the trash. Then empty trash.

On 19 Dec 2018, at 12:18, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes, control A does the trick.

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

What error message do you get?

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

well there is no error message. it just appears the inbox is taking forever to load. most likely due to the fact there is one gig of ram available. the other 3 gigabytes of ram are being used for who knows what. i open outlook and it says inbox brainardmolly@....  and then the machine is quiet. when i use the up and down arrow keys nvda doesn't talk. guess outlook is trying to retrieve the mail but it can't because of the ram.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

I don't know if you understand about RAM.  Are you talking about RAM, meaning memory used by your computer, or are you talking about available disk space.  Low Ram wouldn't cause your e-mail program not to function.  Low ram might cause your entire  computer to function slowly.  You may be able to solve the problem by compressing your inbox but how you do that depends on the program you are using.  How are you determining what is being used in terms of your four gigabytes figure?

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

I see you are using Outlook.  I'll let others continue the discussion but RAM shouldn't be the problem.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:02 PM

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

It depends on how much RAM is being used.  If your RAM is so low that your computer must use virtual memory, that is, placing information on your hard drive instead of in RAM, your computer would be slow in operation or slow in switching from program to program as you alt tab and open another program you have alt tabbed to.

Deleting the messages in your inbox doesn't have anything to do with memory use.  You've deleted the messages.  They are gone.  They weren't in RAM to start with, they were on your hard drive and were displayed in the inbox.  Now they are gone.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

Gene

I should add that if you have insufficient RAM, your computer will run slowly.  But if you have sufficient RAM, just adding more won't speed it up.  If you never use more than three GB of RAM and you have four, adding more RAM won't do anything.  You already have 1GB that is free at all times.  I often see people say, the more RAM, the faster your machine will run.

Memory is one of the most widely misunderstood technical aspects of computers and I've seen more nonsense about RAM than about any other technical aspect of computers.  The more memory the better?  How can more memory speed up a computer that already has free memory when you are just adding more that won't be used.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.

I want to select all the emails in my inbox and delete them. Is there a way to select all the emails all at once? Thanks.

molly the blind tech lover

Well if you have a faster processor, doesn’t that improve performance?

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM