Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for time and date

Gerardo Corripio

Anyone of you guys have the latest Clock AddOn_ because f12 doesn’t say either the time or date, but it does report upon the 3rd press, the number of the day in the year, and how many days are left to the end of the year.

Also when setting up the AddON from within NVDA menú/Preferences/Options/clock settings, when it comes time to sabe the settings, they don’t appear to sabe< when I want to reopen again NVDA menú to check the settings, I get an error that tnere’s already a Settings dialogue open< to close it first before attemtping to go back into the NVDA settings área. Any ideas what might be going on?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gerardo,

I am not experiencing these issues at all.  All functions normally.  I had the update to the latest version a while ago and didn't even check to see about the 3 presses and the day of and week of the year.  All works fine here on my Windows 10 64 bit system.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Chris

Yeah, same here, went back to the dev version and that works fine, so somethings happened between the dev and stable releases

Anyone of you guys have the latest Clock AddOn_ because f12 doesn’t say either the time or date, but it does report upon the 3rd press, the number of the day in the year, and how many days are left to the end of the year.

Also when setting up the AddON from within NVDA menú/Preferences/Options/clock settings, when it comes time to sabe the settings, they don’t appear to sabe< when I want to reopen again NVDA menú to check the settings, I get an error that tnere’s already a Settings dialogue open< to close it first before attemtping to go back into the NVDA settings área. Any ideas what might be going on?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

jazzyjennifer

i'm not having any problems, with it, its working fine on my end,

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also
noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into NVDA's
settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock Setup
item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead. When I
moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's obviously
not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options
were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup
options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the dialog,
then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that
way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to that
effect anyway.
I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about
installing the development version to see if that worked better, but it has
the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm going to
wait until the next update.

Hope this helps.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Hi all,
Kelly isn't alone in experiencing these bugs - I can confirm them, and so
can others around the world. I have asked the add-ons community to get in
touch with add-on author, and proposed creating an emergency patch or taking
down this add-on from stable release channel.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

I wonder if doing a total uninstall and reinstall would work.  On the home page for this add on, there is some reference to issues with updating from within the add on itself. This may be causing the issues you have.

On 12/22/2018 9:54 AM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:
[...]

Don H

I just installed this addon for the first time and seems to work as described.

On 12/22/2018 11:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

ely.r@...

If your computer is an older one, it may actually have a battery that keeps clock functions running when the computer is turned off. I believe they were rechargeable, but rechargeable batteries will not recharge indefinitely.
Rick

[...]

Gene

The add-on has nothing to do with the computer keeping time.  it affects how NVDA can be made to announce the time.

If your computer is an older one, it may actually have a battery that keeps clock functions running when the computer is turned off. I believe they were rechargeable, but rechargeable batteries will not recharge indefinitely.
Rick

I just installed this addon for the first time and seems to work as described.

On 12/22/2018 11:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
> HI,
>

> I wonder if doing a total uninstall and reinstall would work.  On the
> home page for this add on, there is some reference to issues with
> updating from within the add on itself. This may be causing the issues
> you have.
>

> On 12/22/2018 9:54 AM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and
>> also noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went
>> into NVDA's settings screen to set the options again, but when I went
>> to the Clock Setup item, the options from the General tab were being
>> displayed instead.
>> When I
>> moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's
>> obviously not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if
>> those options were in the right place. They were, but under Speech,
>> the Clock Setup options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to
>> get out of the dialog, then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring
>> up the Speech options that way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog
>> was already open, or words to that effect anyway.
>> I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought
>> about installing the development version to see if that worked
>> better, but it has the same version number as the stable version.
>> Needless to say, I'm going to wait until the next update.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Yours Sincerely,
>> Kelly John Sapergia
>> Show Host and Production Director
>> The Global Voice Internet Radio
>> www.theglobalvoice.info
>>
>> Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
>> Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on
>> Twitter at: kjsapergia

Chris

It will, but if you are updating from a earlier release then it will screw up the settings panel

If you edit out the clock section of the nvda.ini then restart nvda it should work

But you shouldn’t have to do this, theres obviously something going wrong on the update side of things

I just installed this addon for the first time and seems to work as

described.

On 12/22/2018 11:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

> HI,

> I wonder if doing a total uninstall and reinstall would work.  On the

> home page for this add on, there is some reference to issues with

> updating from within the add on itself. This may be causing the issues

> you have.

> On 12/22/2018 9:54 AM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also

>> noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into

>> NVDA's

>> settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock

>> Setup

>> item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead.

>> When I

>> moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's

>> obviously

>> not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options

>> were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup

>> options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the

>> dialog,

>> then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that

>> way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to

>> that

>> effect anyway.

>> I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about

>> installing the development version to see if that worked better, but

>> it has

>> the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm

>> going to

>> wait until the next update.

>> Hope this helps.

>> Yours Sincerely,

>> Kelly John Sapergia

>> Show Host and Production Director

>> The Global Voice Internet Radio

>> www.theglobalvoice.info

>> Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

>> Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

>> Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Kevin Cussick

it works here, windows10 home 64 bit insider slow ring.