Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't know about?

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Hi is their another way? I don’t have NVDA set to give me the options to disable all add-ons when I close NVDA cause I just want to hear the sound and bam its closed. Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,
Yes via the following command-line text as exactly as shown (from Run dialog):

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't know about?

Hi is their another way? I don’t have NVDA set to give me the options to disable all add-ons when I close NVDA cause I just want to hear the sound and bam its closed. Thanks.

Sounds good, but I won’t remember that since I don’t run command line things. I suggest a menu item to be put into NVDA add-on updater to disable all add-ons. What say you list?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:51:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't know about?

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Subject: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't know about?

If what you're asking for is a way to have NVDA restarted without add-ons enabled, then try this:
  1. Windows+R
  2. Type "nvda --disable-addons" (without the quotes)
  3. Spell the command above character by character so you won't miss any part of it.
Hth

Cheers,
Marcio
Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

My WhatsApp

Em 21/12/2018 01:46, Lino Morales escreveu:

Hi is their another way? I don�t have NVDA set to give me the options to disable all add-ons when I close NVDA cause I just want to hear the sound and bam its closed. Thanks.

�

�

Hi,

Adding that option to Add-on Updater… I’m thinking not.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't know about?

Sounds good, but I won’t remember that since I don’t run command line things. I suggest a menu item to be put into NVDA add-on updater to disable all add-ons. What say you list?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene

It may not be enough work to worry about to add this option, but why should a screen-reader accommodate a user in such trifles.  It really isn't unreasonable to change the setting when you want to be able to do this. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:54 PM

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah k Alawami

1. Hit nvda plus q
  2. Choose restart with all add ons disabled and click ok.

hope that helps a bit.

On 20 Dec 2018, at 19:54, Lino Morales wrote:

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

I agree Gene. I think this option should be in the tools and prefences under add-ons. Their should be a menu item their to disable all.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:19:06 PM

It may not be enough work to worry about to add this option, but why should a screen-reader accommodate a user in such trifles.  It really isn't unreasonable to change the setting when you want to be able to do this. 

Gene

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah your not paying attention., I have that option turned off. I just want to close when I hit NVDA !=Q

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:22:11 PM

1. Hit nvda plus q

hope that helps a bit.

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene

No, you disagree.  I said that it is not unreasonable to change the setting.  I mean the setting in the general preferences section where you change the behavior now.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:23 PM

I agree Gene. I think this option should be in the tools and prefences under add-ons. Their should be a menu item their to disable all.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>

Gene

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Annette Moore

why not open your word processor of choice, copy and paste joseph's instructions in there, and save the document, giving it a title you'll recognize later as being what you're looking for? that way, you won't have to remember the instructions in full. I never remember command lines, but if someone gives me instructions using them, I write them down for when I might need them later on. I'm not techy by nature, but I've found a lot of information just by reading the messages on this list and taking note of those messages with information I might find useful someday, even if it's not something I need right now. Needless to say, I'm very thankful and grateful for Notepad! :)

Annette

On 12/20/2018 9:54 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account

If there was of course it would need to restart nvda in any case two simply allow the options on exit would allow one to do this. I guess if you really wanted to, then you could have a short cut but how much time would it save since you would be rebooting nvda anyway to make the changes.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

It may not be enough work to worry about to add this option, but why should a screen-reader accommodate a user in such trifles. It really isn't unreasonable to change the setting when you want to be able to do this.

Gene
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi,
nvda -r --disable-addons
Cheers,
Joseph

Not tried this, but why not write it into a batch file in notepad with the word exit on the next line, then shove the batch file on the desktop called something like addons off.bat.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:27 AM

why not open your word processor of choice, copy and paste joseph's
instructions in there, and save the document, giving it a title you'll
recognize later as being what you're looking for? that way, you won't
have to remember the instructions in full. I never remember command
lines, but if someone gives me instructions using them, I write them
down for when I might need them later on. I'm not techy by nature, but
I've found a lot of information just by reading the messages on this
list and taking note of those messages with information I might find
useful someday, even if it's not something I need right now. Needless to
say, I'm very thankful and grateful for Notepad! :)

Annette

On 12/20/2018 9:54 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Sounds good, but I won’t remember that since I don’t run command line
things. I suggest a menu item to be put into NVDA add-on updater to
disable all add-ons. What say you list?

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph
Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
*Sent:* Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:51:32 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that
I don't know about?

Hi,
Yes via the following command-line text as exactly as shown (from Run
dialog):

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Lino
Morales
*Sent:* Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:47 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I
don't know about?

Hi is their another way? I don’t have NVDA set to give me the options
to disable all add-ons when I close NVDA cause I just want to hear the
sound and bam its closed. Thanks.

Windows 10

Erm, That seems not to be working when I put in a batch file Joseph.
It restarts, but the add ons still work.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 3:51 AM

Hi,
Yes via the following command-line text as exactly as shown (from Run
dialog):

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Subject: [nvda] Is their another way to disable all add-ons that I don't
know about?

Hi is their another way? I don't have NVDA set to give me the options to
disable all add-ons when I close NVDA cause I just want to hear the sound
and bam its closed. Thanks.

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Yes the strange thing is that this works in the run box. It works if prefaced by the word start in a command line box, but fails in a batch file. IE it leaves them turned on. I do not quite get why this fails.
Most command line stuff works, so there has to be some reason why its not parsing the -- bit after the command.

I may try it in quotes when I have time in case its being truncated.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 3:52 AM

If what you're asking for is a way to have NVDA restarted without
add-ons enabled, then try this:

1. Windows+R
3. Spell the command above character by character so you won't miss any
part of it.

Hth

Cheers,
Marcio

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email <mailto:marcinhorj21@...>
Add me on Skype <skype:marcinhorj666?add>
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat <https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>
Phone(s):
My WhatsApp <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>

Hi is their another way? I don�t have NVDA set to give me the options

Windows 10

Chris Mullins

Try copying the NVDA shortcut on your desktop, and call the new one NVDA-NA or something, then edit the command and add the “--disable-addons”  parameter.  Then set up a different shortcut key combination.  You can then restart without add-ons at anytime and all you have to remember is the alternative shortcut.      

Chris  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: 21 December 2018 03:54

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Nope that did not work either, Joseph?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists@...>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:45 AM

Yes the strange thing is that this works in the run box. It works if prefaced by the word start in a command line box, but fails in a batch file. IE it leaves them turned on. I do not quite get why this fails.
Most command line stuff works, so there has to be some reason why its not parsing the -- bit after the command.

I may try it in quotes when I have time in case its being truncated.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 3:52 AM

If what you're asking for is a way to have NVDA restarted without
add-ons enabled, then try this:

1. Windows+R
3. Spell the command above character by character so you won't miss any
part of it.

Hth

Cheers,
Marcio

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email <mailto:marcinhorj21@...>
Add me on Skype <skype:marcinhorj666?add>
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat <https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>
Phone(s):
My WhatsApp <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>

Hi is their another way? I don�t have NVDA set to give me the options

Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

I still don't get it. The restart with all add ons disabled will do what you need to do. What else were you meaning? Your question actually is not very clear. You close nvda, but you want all add ons disabled with alt f4? That does not make sense.

Take care

On 20 Dec 2018, at 20:25, Lino Morales wrote:

Sarah your not paying attention., I have that option turned off. I just want to close when I hit NVDA !=Q

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>

1. Hit nvda plus q

hope that helps a bit.

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi after failing in batch file stakes. I have to concede that the best way is to copy the nvda shortcut somewhere, say the root of C: and alter the start command to.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\nvda_slave.exe" launchNVDA -r --disable-addons

Then rename the shrotcut to something you will remember.
Now copy it back onto the desktop and go into properties again and give it a different letter, say o as the shrot cut key and ok and come out. Then doing a right alt/o should restart nvda with all add ons disabled.
Quite why it wont simply work in a batch file is possibly debatable....
Maybe you have to use the slave and all that complexity to get it to work. I have no idea.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 3:54 AM

Hi,
nvda -r --disable-addons
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi,

If you go to NVDA settings/General, there is a checkbox to show you exit options. By default, it is checked, but Lino unchecked this.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 9:07 AM

I still don't get it. The restart with all add ons disabled will do what you need to do. What else were you meaning? Your question actually is not very clear. You close nvda, but you want all add ons disabled with alt f4? That does not make sense.

Take care

On 20 Dec 2018, at 20:25, Lino Morales wrote:

1. Hit nvda plus q
  1. Choose restart with all add ons disabled and click ok.

hope that helps a bit.

Hi,

nvda -r --disable-addons

Cheers,

Joseph