From: "Chris" <llajta2012@...>
To: <espeak-ng@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [espeak-ng] The UK £ sign

Hi Brian,

this is an issues in NVDA.
The puound £ sign it is included in dictionaries for the emoji on espeak-ng.
NVDA 2018.4 doesn't uses emoji dictionaries from espeak-ng, these files are removed during compiling NVDA.
As you know, NVDA 2018.4 includes all emoji and symbos from Unicode Consortium, and the pound sign appears in the symbols list, but the pronunciation level for this symbol should be changed in NVDA.

Probabily the sign Cents and euro present the same issue.

In speechPlayerInEspeak the problem not exists, the pound sign is in the standard dictionary for english (EN_LIST).

Hope my explanation is clear.

Chris.

I seem to be finding in Espeak NG as used in nvda it is only spoken when
its cursored past. IE not if a line or say all is used. Now iyt cannot
be a punctuation level issue as the old version of Espeak in Speech
player in Espeak when selected as tthe synth seems to be OK. Is it me or
what?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account

So, I know people can alter this, but it seems as if only Rupee is set to the correct punctuation level, most other currencies including dollar, yen pound cents etc are all set to all, which creates rather annoying results when reading things with monetary amounts in them with say all.

Anyone care to tell me why they are set to all in this version when they used not to be?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi folks, is this an error in the latest version of NVDAs defaults? Can I change this and not muck other stuff up?
[...]

Marcia Yale

I wonder if the fact that the 1/2 symbol is not being processed properly is
part of this problem. The symbol is ½, and it's being spoken as "symbol bd"
instead of "one-half".