New Member

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Annette Moore

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Hey anett, thanks, not sure how to get in to object nav using nvda to click things.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Keao,

Welcome to this great list. You'll find lots of folks willing to help on this great list.

Rosemarie

Welcome to the group, Keao! I believe you will learn a lot and glean a great deal of information from being on this list. it's a great one!

Annette

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Wow, that's neat you're from Hawaii. A friend of mine and her husband used to live there for a while. He was in the service so he was stationed there. I don't remember what island he was stationed on though.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Welcome, I remember you from a one time visit on skype when the skype devotional group met. Now we are on teamtalk.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Raha Tehrani

great to see you here Keao. by the way, Robert said there's a group on
teamtalk. please leave us the adress. we can all have a great time
there learning lots of things together. take care.

On 12/24/18, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@comcast.net> wrote:
Welcome, I remember you from a one time visit on skype when the skype
devotional group met. Now we are on teamtalk.
I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was
on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io
it's great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands
apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Kwork

Hi Keao,

Good seeing you here. :) Welcome.

Travis

On 12/23/2018 11:01 PM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

I would like that info as well for team talk.

Welcome, I remember you from a one time visit on skype when the skype devotional group met. Now we are on teamtalk.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

Roger Stewart

Just saw your post on the NVDA group.  I'm almost sure you are the Keao who is often in the Dementia Radio chat.  I've been using NVDA exclusively since 2012.  I find it will do anything JAWS can, and in some cases, it can do some things JAWS can't do and many things it can do better thanks to all the great add ons available.  There is an SPL add on that does everything the JAWS scripts can do and several other little tricks that the script doesn't know how to do.

Hope you will enjoy using NVDA and ask anything you want on the group and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Roger

On 12/24/2018 12:01 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I am Keao, and I’m from Hawaii.

I use to be on the old nvda group back in I think in 2004 or 5 when it was on yahoo groups.

I wondered where this group went to, since you guys moved to groups.io it’s great!

Been an NVDA user for almost a year now, still getting use to the commands apart from Jaws.

Glad to meet you all!

That’s me.

I’ve been using the add on for a while and it’s great!

I just wish I could silence the speech when it comes to the columns like duration and stuff like that.

[...]

I know there is a way to silence that stuff but I don't remember right now. I'm getting ready for my big 12 hour show so I can't look it up right now but there are several others here who use that add on and Joseph may be in here too and he is the main developer of it.

Roger

On 12/24/2018 10:22 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

[...]

Alright, good to know.

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.

I’ve been using Nvda for two years and also find it does everything Jaws can, and in my experience it works better in certain situations. I love the Nvda add ons.

[...]

Clement Chou

MY only complaint is that NVDA and office need to learn to work
together much better. At least in the latest versions!

On 12/24/18, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Wow molly, that's awesome, when I hit the home key, it doesn't go to the beginning of the line, it just says top, and I half to hit control home.
Is there also a way you can make it tell you that a webpage is loaded, I can hear the tones, and all, but the pages load fast when you use chrome.

On Dec 24, 2018, at 6:47 AM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene

If you use control home, you should move to the beginning of the page.  Home moves to the beginning of the line.  This should happen in any standard edit field.  Browse mode follows all standard windows movement commands used in standard edit fields.

[...]

Ah ok.

Now how do you turn on object navigation?

I would probably need a regular desktop keyboard to use it right?

[...]

Hi,
First, to Keao: ah yes, nice to see you here.
As for Office and NVDA, all I can say is that NVDA developers are also worried about performance and collaboration issues between NVDA and Office, and we're looking into how to make things better for you.
Cheers,
Joseph