inserting emogies

Hello,

I know this was brought up before probably but how do you put in an emogie in a message or anything else using nvda?

Hi,

You’ll need Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) or later in order to insert emojis.

There is a tutorial I wrote (featured on most recent Top Tech Tidbids) that goes over emoji panel and how it works, as well as what to expect in coming months with this feature:

https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topic/tutorial_all_about_emoji/28794447?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,28794447

Note that the tutorial tries to be screen reader agnostic but most of it applies to NVDA users. Don’t worry about the bit on Insider Preview changes to emoji panel – that’s in the future, and I have already written workarounds for it (part of an add-on, and plan to send the code to NV Access for inclusion in a future version of NVDA).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:41 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] inserting emogies

Hello,

I know this was brought up before probably but how do you put in an emogie in a message or anything else using nvda?

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] inserting emogies

Hi,

You’ll need Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) or later in order to insert emojis.

There is a tutorial I wrote (featured on most recent Top Tech Tidbids) that goes over emoji panel and how it works, as well as what to expect in coming months with this feature:

https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topic/tutorial_all_about_emoji/28794447?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,28794447

Note that the tutorial tries to be screen reader agnostic but most of it applies to NVDA users. Don’t worry about the bit on Insider Preview changes to emoji panel – that’s in the future, and I have already written workarounds for it (part of an add-on, and plan to send the code to NV Access for inclusion in a future version of NVDA).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

Hi,

Yes, it worked.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 7:13 AM

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

Kwork

Yep. It said thumbs up musical notes. If that was the intended, then it worked. Now I need to learn it. LOL!

Merry Christmas all!

Travis

On 12/25/2018 8:12 AM, Keao Wright wrote:

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

Yes it was. It’s easy once you read the tutorial.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwork
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:28 AM

Yep. It said thumbs up musical notes. If that was the intended, then it worked. Now I need to learn it. LOL!

Merry Christmas all!

Travis

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

molly the blind tech lover

There are some silly emojis.

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:28 AM

Merry Christmas all!

Travis

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.

I was going to do a tutorial on using emojis with Nvda but someone has very kindly provided one.

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:32 AM

Yes it was. It’s easy once you read the tutorial.

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:28 AM

Merry Christmas all!

Travis

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

Brian's Mail list account

It read even on Outlook Express bodged to run in Windows 7, so I guess the answer is yess, but what musical notes actually means here is eluding me.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 3:12 PM

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Keao Wright
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>

Hello,

Brian's Mail list account

Yes probably about three quarters of them in reality.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 5:52 PM

There are some silly emojis.

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:28 AM

Merry Christmas all!

Travis

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Keao Wright
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>

Hello,