Topics

Graphics that contain links

Peter Beasley

There is a petition site here in the UK called 38 degrees. Until a couple of months ago, there was no problem clicking on links to sign petitions. They have changed the link to a graphic. What it says is graphic wrecked angle contains link. I am unable to find a way to activate these links using NVDA which is my only screen reader..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Antony Stone

1. I suspect that rather than saying two words "wrecked angle", it is saying
the single word "rectangle".

2. Can you give us the URL of a page containing this link so we can
investigate for ourselves?

3. Have you tried contacting the owners of the site to tell them about this
change and the effect it has on screen readers, to see if they can change it
back to something that works again?

Antony.

--
"It wouldn't be a good idea to talk about him behind his back in front of
him."

- murble

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

Please send the address of a specific page where you see such a link.  I looked at one petition and saw none.  I looked at the entire home page and saw none.  Also, what browser are you using?

Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:39 AM
Subject: [nvda] Graphics that contain links

There is a petition site here in the UK called 38 degrees. Until a couple of months ago, there was no problem clicking on links to sign petitions. They have changed the link to a graphic. What it says is graphic wrecked angle contains link. I am unable to find a way to activate these links using NVDA which is my only screen reader..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

Also, I see the control to sign the petition below where you enter your information as a button.

Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:39 AM

There is a petition site here in the UK called 38 degrees. Until a couple of months ago, there was no problem clicking on links to sign petitions. They have changed the link to a graphic. What it says is graphic wrecked angle contains link. I am unable to find a way to activate these links using NVDA which is my only screen reader..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Look for the sign button rather than a graphic, it works fine

There is a petition site here in the UK called 38 degrees. Until a couple of months ago, there was no problem clicking on links to sign petitions. They have changed the link to a graphic. What it says is graphic wrecked angle contains link. I am unable to find a way to activate these links using NVDA which is my only screen reader..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Peter Beasley

                                I can’t find any button. I am using Windows mail