From: "George McCoy" <slr1bpz@charter.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 2:25 PM
Subject: [nvda] DISM and SFC with remote support add-on

Has anyone run these utilities on a remote machine using the nvda remote support add-on?

If so, did you encounter any issues?

I am concerned about losing control of the utilities in the event of an interrupted connection or incompatability issues between the remote support add-on and the DISM or SFC utilities.

Thanks,

George

George,

          Even if the connection were to break down, since both of these utilities will either run to completion (more likely) or abort (less likely) and can run to completion unattended there's not an awful lot to worry about.

           Since they're both command line based, whether kicked off under Command Prompt or PowerShell, once they're going they typically just finish.  I can never recall where each utility, respectively, stores its logs if they even store logs by default.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Thanks to both Isaac and Brian.  I think I'll go ahead and run the utilities.

George

On 12/31/2018 4:44 PM, Isaac wrote:
I have never had issues but I would also do some reading first just to see if others have reported bugs on microsoft forums and such.
----- Original Message ----- From: "George McCoy" <slr1bpz@charter.net>