Weather Plus 4.8 update available

Adriano Barbieri

Good morning and happy new Year to every one,

Changes in this version:
#Changes in the Weather Plus Settings window:
•Added new checkbox;
"Use only weather effects";
This allows you to filter out all other environmental effects.
•Improved random playback and added 71 new sound effects;
You will need to update them by clicking twice in "enable audio effects"
check box.
•The volume type assigned by the user, between the general and current audio
volume, now is maintained when the configuration is saved.
•Removed useless sound during selection text in edit box by pressing
control+a.
•Improved readability into help window invokable with F1 function key.
•Added new compatibility flag for NVDA 2019.1, and the current alpha
versions.
Weather Plus can update alone, however, it is possible to download manually
from the following links:
http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus4.8.nvda-addon
or from page:
http://www.nvda.it/weather-plus/
or from page:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/weatherPlus.en.html
Make sure that the extension of the downloaded file is correct, otherwise
rename it in .nvda-addon.

Adriano Barbieri

Sarah k Alawami

Nice. Is there a way to include a list of locations? I normally check 3-5 locations for weather to keep an eye on my friends and family in said locations. I just grabbed the add on and will install it as soon as I can.

Take care

On 1 Jan 2019, at 6:45, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Gerardo Corripio

Which I had to do, download manually from the NVDA’s AddOns page. When updated it via the app itself, it gave me the error of Write/protected or disc full. Any ideas?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

[...]

Hi Sarah,

You can do this, with Weather Plus, you can manage a list of cities.
Cheers
Adriano

Cheers
Adriano

[...]

Don H

weather plus is still broken.

On 1/6/2019 5:43 PM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Ron Canazzi

There is no update for this under the standard way of updating using preferences/weather plus/check for update.  Neither is it listed under the much vaunted and revised add on updater.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sam Bushman

How do you even install weather plus?

[...]

Ok, I figured it out. For some reason when weather plus downloads it changes the name to .zip. You need to rename it back to .nvda-addon.

Once this is done you can just doubleclick on it to install.

Thanks,

Sam

[...]

Did this add-on get back to work?
As far as I know it wasn't working since the service that it used to use was taken down.

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 07/01/2019 03:32, Sam Bushman escreveu:

[...]

They claim the latest version works. However, I can’t even get a city to add. Just a cancel button even after I choose a city.

[...]

Hi Sam,

Did you go directly to the site for the update?  As of these updates for Add On Updater as well as the Weather Plus item itself under the NVDA menus, you are supposed to be able to get the update via NVDA itself.  I did not check the home page for Weather Plus.

On 1/7/2019 12:32 AM, Sam Bushman wrote:

[...]

WeatherPlus is one of a handful of add-ons that can check for updated versions of themselves. This will eventually conflict with a future project I’m working on (in the long-term). At the moment the add-ons community, as well as the author, were made aware of web service changes, and I hope this situation can be rectified soon.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

OK, I'm a bit confused.  Several hours ago, I got a message via this list which purported to be from Adriano Barbieri with the subject "Weather Plus 4.8 update."
  Actually, there was no body to the message and it seemed to be a reply to another unrelated message concerning Weather Plus.

In any case, I tried updating all the normal ways: the add on itself, the add on updater and now even the add on home page itself.  The last  update for the add on on the home page is January 1, 2019.  I downloaded and installed it anyway and it still doesn't work.

Did someone spoof Adriano's address?

On 1/7/2019 12:51 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

[...]

No matter which WeatherPlus add-on version you get, the add-on won’t perform its primary function because the web service it depends on is no more. Adriano wrote a reply to Sarah’s question about defining cities (I have some feelings about the way the larger issue is being handled, but out of respect for the author and the tone of the community, I’ll talk to him privately).

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Hi Joseph and every one,

Last night I responded prematurely to someone, without even realize that WP was not working correctly.
I think this is the case to temporarily remove the add-on from the page international until I'll find a solution.
Or wait for a little while if you believe.
Thanks

Adriano