From: Brian Tew via Groups.Io
Sent: 04 January 2019 10:17
To: nvda@groups.io
Cc: accessibility@...
Subject: [nvda] Skype: how to delete dead groups

Using the current skype on win ten desktop and nvda. Some friends form a new skype group each day.

I cannot figure out how to delete the old groups. Don't have a mouse.

I press the applications key and get a choice of "delete conversation," but it does not delete the group.

I have over 60 dead groups. I signed out and back in; still there.

Help, help, de zombies gots me, mon.

Sarah k Alawami

  1. Enter the dead group
  2. Type /leave
  3. Hit enter

You are now out. of the group and you can just hit del on the gorup to get out of it.

On 4 Jan 2019, at 2:17, Brian Tew via Groups.Io wrote:

Using the current skype on win ten desktop and nvda. Some friends form a new skype group each day.
I cannot figure out how to delete the old groups. Don't have a mouse.
I press the applications key and get a choice of "delete conversation," but it does not delete the group.
I have over 60 dead groups. I signed out and back in; still there.
Help, help, de zombies gots me, mon.

Brian Tew

Ok Sarah must I do this on each of these 60+ groups? Sigh
is there no way  to  do  them all?

Sarah k Alawami

Yes you must. I would block your friend or ask him/her to stop adding you, if that does not work, dothe block.

On 4 Jan 2019, at 10:54, Brian Tew via Groups.Io wrote:

Ok Sarah must I do this on each of these 60+ groups? Sigh
is there no way  to  do  them all?

Brian Tew

Well  it  will  not let me  join or even select these dead groups, so I cannot /leave them.
Good thing this is not a serious problem.

Brian K. Lingard

Well if you still receive mail from the almost abandoned groups, they must still exist, presume by you can leave them using their unsubscribe command.

Note that some Mailman, managed lists use the command leave in the subject field instead of unsubscribe when writing to the list request address.

If you receive no mail from the abandoned lists, then you can forget about them. If you receive monthly reminders, then they still rather exist.

If you still have difficulty, write to the Postmaster or Root at the domain concerned.

Brian K. Lingard

Well it will not let me join or even select these dead groups, so I cannot /leave them.
Good thing this is not a serious problem.

_._,_._,