word skipping pages

Giles Turnbull

thanks, Desert Moon. I did try that once before and it didn't have any effect but I'll try it again :)

Giles

Dejan Ristic

Hi,

I've faced the issue when I've handled scanned documents. In order to solve the problem, I would switch my word to the outline view, and, it would seem to satisfy me. It's happened on earlier versions of word.

One more thing:

When I find that it skips pages, I return to the page word skips from, and I'd use the right arrow to lead me to the next page, so that it won't skip.

That's what I've experienced and done as far as the skipping pages is concerned.

On 06/01/2019 22:35, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you know what a view of the document you are using? This happens to me when the document is in print view. If you set it back to normal view, it usually solves the problem for me. Sile
On Jan 6, 2019, at 1:05 PM, James AUSTIN <james.londonsw15@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel

I think the reason for your issue is because Word is set to display documents in a multi-page view by default. To correct this, I think you need to press Alt W to go the 'View' menu and then the number 1 to change to single page mode.

Sorry if my instructions are incorrect I am not able to get to Word at present.

Pleas let us know if this works.

Best wishes

James

On 06/01/2019 17:28, Daniel Wolak wrote:
Hi all,

I recently had to reinstall windows and office on this computer, and am
running into a rather interesting problem. Every time I get a document
sent to me and I choose to enable saving, I'm unable to move to the next
page using the arrow keys. If I was on page 1 for instance, I would skip
down to page 3. Using say all doesn't seem to have this problem. This
also happenns all be it less frequently on documents I create. I'm
running NVDA 2018.4 along with windows10 1809 64bit, and office 2019
32bit. Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks,

Daniel

.

Desert Moon

Hello Giles,

You can indeed change the default view in Word to Draft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/919599/how-to-change-the-default-view-to-draft-view-in-word

--
Desert

Giles Turnbull

I struggled with this for a long time until somebody suggested changing to Draft view, and that does indeed work a treat. I haven't found a way to get Word to open all documents in Draft view by default, but that is my first action when opening a document ... I go into the View ribbon and change to Draft view.

Hope that helps :)

Giles

Brian's Mail list account

Hi yes this email has just dropped through my time warp.
The thing is if you are writing your own documents you can of course configure word to just show one page per screen, but it seems as if when they come in from other sources they tend to use the default of two.
Myself, I'd like somebody to improve word compatibility so that view or template did not really matter.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

this is another issue ignored by the NVDA devs, which has existed for a very long time, and which also exists in adobe reader.

On 1/6/2019 5:28 PM, Daniel Wolak wrote:
Hi all,

I recently had to reinstall windows and office on this computer, and am
running into a rather interesting problem. Every time I get a document
sent to me and I choose to enable saving, I'm unable to move to the next
page using the arrow keys. If I was on page 1 for instance, I would skip
down to page 3. Using say all doesn't seem to have this problem. This
also happenns all be it less frequently on documents I create. I'm
running NVDA 2018.4 along with windows10 1809 64bit, and office 2019
32bit. Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Brian's Mail list account

This sounds like the old zoon level bug to me. If you get into the habit of setting zoom level to 200, I find that word then defaults to one page per screen and you can cursor around by just going down.
I'm guessing here that this issue has something to do with browse and focus modes where one goes to three as two is up and left, but I still do not like this way that nvda does things as it can mean you need to customise word every time.
Surely if this were to follow, one would end up cursoring left into page 2, but that does not happen does it?
If anyone out there would care to comment on this issue it would be good. Unfortunately this is the last message in my inbox so if others are out there they may well explain further, in which case thanks in advance!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I recently had to reinstall windows and office on this computer, and am
running into a rather interesting problem. Every time I get a document
sent to me and I choose to enable saving, I'm unable to move to the next
page using the arrow keys. If I was on page 1 for instance, I would skip
down to page 3. Using say all doesn't seem to have this problem. This
also happenns all be it less frequently on documents I create. I'm
running NVDA 2018.4 along with windows10 1809 64bit, and office 2019
32bit. Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Sile

[...]

enes sarıbaş

this is another issue ignored by the NVDA devs, which has existed for a very long time, and which also exists in adobe reader.

On 1/6/2019 5:28 PM, Daniel Wolak wrote:
   Hi all,

I recently had to reinstall windows and office on this computer, and am
running into a rather interesting problem. Every time I get a document
sent to me and I choose to enable saving, I'm unable to move to the next
page using the arrow keys. If I was on page 1 for instance, I would skip
down to page 3. Using say all doesn't seem to have this problem. This
also happenns all be it less frequently on documents I create. I'm
running NVDA 2018.4 along with windows10 1809 64bit, and office 2019
32bit. Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks,

Daniel

James AUSTIN

Daniel Wolak <danielwolak97@...>