NVDA after Windows 1809

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and sputtering that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Rui Fontes

No problems here...

Windows 10 1809, last NVDA Alpha.

Rui Fontes

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:

Hi,
I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and sputtering that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.
Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?
Many thanks
Blessings
Pascal

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Thanks for your reply.
Pascal

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:
Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and sputtering
that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Adriani Botez

for me it's working perfect. Did you try to start it with disabled add-ons?

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:
Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and sputtering
that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

No problems here, either.

I always suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall, particularly if the behavior appeared immediately after a feature update.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try that.
Pascal

for me it's working perfect. Did you try to start it with disabled add-ons?

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:
Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and
sputtering that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

I just restarted with add-ons disabled as you suggested. It is seems to be
working as it is no longer stuttering while typing this message. It did on
the first I sent you.
Many thanks to all those who answered. It is nice having a support list
where the needed help is provided peacefully, kindly, and with care!.
Blessings for the new year to all.
Pascal

for me it's working perfect. Did you try to start it with disabled add-ons?

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:
Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and
sputtering that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this?  Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Adriani Botez

Ok then try to update all your addons to the last version. But first, enable just an addon every 10 minutes or so and maybe you find out which addon causes the problem.

Best wishes and a happy new year
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 06.01.2019 um 23:53 schrieb Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@comcast.net>:

[...]

Many thanks.
Blessings
Pascal

for me it's working perfect. Did you try to start it with disabled add-ons?

Às 21:58 de 06/01/2019, Pascal Lambert escreveu:
Hi,

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and
sputtering that I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this? Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Pascal,

            If you do not have Add-On Updater as one of your add-ons, you should.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Thanks Brian. I will do that.

Blessings

Pascal

            If you do not have Add-On Updater as one of your add-ons, you should.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Did windows include any new drivers for the sound hardware? I ask as somebody told me they had an HP laptop doing the same thing. No idea quite why this should have such an effect though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I just updated Win10 to 1809 and now NVDA is stuttering and sputtering that
I have to restart it every two or three minutes.

Anyone has observed this? Any suggestion please?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Sarah k Alawami

No, all works here. NvDA is very smooth like chocolate. No really. It is a smooth experience and I have ben using windows 10 1809 for a few weeks now. Did you try restarting the computer? Restarting nvda? Closing out the 70 apps you have running (I had a student who had over 70 apps running in their alt tab order which is why I ask that).

Take care and hope that helps.