De: Gene
Enviado:sábado, 12 de janeiro de 2019 16:48
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] can't select radio buttons in a webpage

Do you know how to route and click the mouse?  You should always try that if other methods don't work.  it works here.

I also tested the page with firefox and the radio buttons work correctly.

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 12:38 PM

Subject: [nvda] can't select radio buttons in a webpage

                                                               Hi friends!

Although the following page is in portuguese, if you press f you will be placed in the first group of radio buttons.

I was trying to select the button whose labe is investimentos. But I couldn’t.

I made this test in schrome.

https://internetbanking.ourinvest.com.br/Cadastro/DadosIniciais

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Gene

Don't go into forms mode.
Move to whatever radio button you want to select in browse mode.
On the numpad, issue the command numpad insert, numpad slash.
That is, hold numpad insert and while doing so, press the slash key.  That is the key to the right of the numlock.
Now release both keys.
Now press slash by itself again.
If you check the state of the radio button now, it will be checked.
If you don't have a numpad and are using the laptop keyboard option, someone else can give you the commands.

The first command is to route the mouse to where you are.
The second command left clicks the mouse.

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:14 PM
Subject: RES: [nvda] can't select radio buttons in a webpage

Very strange. I just reboot and repeat the tests without success.

First I went to the radio button with f and press spacebar. It didn’t select.

Second I turned forms mode on with capslock + spacebar and tried to select the radio button without success too.

p.s. I know that forms mode is a jaws’s terminology. But I can’t remember how it is called in nvda... 😂

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 12:38 PM

                                                               Hi friends!

Although the following page is in portuguese, if you press f you will be placed in the first group of radio buttons.

I was trying to select the button whose labe is investimentos. But I couldn’t.

I made this test in schrome.

https://internetbanking.ourinvest.com.br/Cadastro/DadosIniciais

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Alexandre,

          As Gene has indicated, under Chrome and on this page the only way to activate these things with a screen reader is to use screen reader mousing controls.

          By the way, and not that Gene is incorrect in any way, if you happen to have a keyboard with a "hard insert" key (as in dedicated an which only has as it's function Insert) you can use that along with the number pad slash character as well.

           If you have a laptop with a full number pad you should be able to use the desktop keystrokes as he's given them.  If you have a laptop without a number pad, and presuming the NVDA key is still INSERT, then the keystokes are:

                    Move mouse to current navigator object       INS+Shift+M
                    Left click mouse                                            INS+[

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account

Yes and as somebody else said. There really was no need for this to be made a concert pianist exercise if the page maker had an ouch of common sense.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-