Topics

No announcement from Instant Translate addons

Robert Mendoza

Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

I guess this add-on is no longer working due to the changes on the Google Translator API, which if I'm not going wrong was the API used by it.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 16/01/2019 00:38, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

Hi, oh I see. Do you offer or recommend any translation addons that could works well with NVDA? Thanks.

On 1/16/2019 10:50 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
I guess this add-on is no longer working due to the changes on the Google Translator API, which if I'm not going wrong was the API used by it.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 16/01/2019 00:38, Robert Mendoza escreveu:
Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Which Version are You using?
My version does still work. It is version 4.1-dev.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] No announcement from Instant Translate addons

Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>;

Em 16/01/2019 00:38, Robert Mendoza escreveu:
Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any
advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

Hi, I have a problem to announce the translation here
not sure if what is wrong

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi, oh I see. Do you offer or recommend any translation addons that
could works well with NVDA? Thanks.

On 1/16/2019 10:50 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
I guess this add-on is no longer working due to the changes on the
Google Translator API, which if I'm not going wrong was the API used
by it.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>;

Em 16/01/2019 00:38, Robert Mendoza escreveu:
Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any
advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

I'm not aware about another add-on that could do what this one did before the API change, but you can try programs that will do it just fine.
For instance, we have a excelent program which I often use to revise anything that I may write and I'm not sure if it's wrong.
It's called QTranslate and it's pretty accessible. You should definitely give it a try.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 16/01/2019 01:16, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

Hi, oh I see. Do you offer or recommend any translation addons that could works well with NVDA? Thanks.

On 1/16/2019 10:50 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
I guess this add-on is no longer working due to the changes on the Google Translator API, which if I'm not going wrong was the API used by it.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 16/01/2019 00:38, Robert Mendoza escreveu:
Hi,

Does anyone here uses Instant translate addons
wondering how it works?
I have this scenario let say I selected text from notepad
example - how are you today?
and wanting to translate it to Portuguse
I did try all the instructions from the help but not working. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you get the latest dev version and then still not work come back to us.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Hi, Brian

Yes, I have the latest dev version for the mentioned addons

let say if I translate simple sentence like

how are you

to Portuguese

It does not announce in the background. Or, perhaps missing some details of it.

how to achieve the translations in proper. Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Hi Robert,

there is one thing You should check:
Which Language is set to be the source language?
If the source language is set to "automatic" there is a good chance that the translation will not work.
In such a case You will hear nothing if You try to translate. Set the source language to "English" and try again.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Hi, Herman

Yes, I set to English as my source, then target will be in Portuguse
but no luck at all. I just hearing sort of buzzing sound after hitting to translate the text.
Here are the scenario I just type the simple sentence to notepad
how are you going? then I selected the text
then, I pressed nvda plus shift plus T
then buzzing sound is what I am hearing from my computer.

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

okay, after pressing nvda plus shift plus T You will hear a buzzer sound. That is okay. Then release the keys and than press t.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

Thanks for the help and it works perfectly.

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019 um 04:16 Uhr
Von: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

that sounds good.
Here is some additional information:
Press nvda plus shift plus T, release the keys, then press h. In that case You will here a short help text and further ooptions.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■