From: "Robert Doc Wright godfearer" <godfearer@comcast.net>
To: "NVDA" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] BARD Express

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the narrator.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Jonathan COHN

If you are talking about https://bard.loc.gov The Library of Congress Bard web site, I could not reproduce your issue. I believe there is also a Bard application for Windows and I have never worked with that.

Jonathan

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the narrator.

***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

No, BARD is what our National library uses for digital books and magazines for downloading to our digital players or smart phones.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

You mean the Microsoft narrator? We don't use Bard over here in the uk.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the narrator.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Gerardo Corripio

Yes fix this issue! It’s annoying having to always invoke the Go to Details command in Bard Express! If the issue werefixed, it’d make thebrowsing of Bard Express somuchefficient!

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the narrator.

***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

unfortunately NVDA is switching languages and I cannot understand what you wrote.
***
[...]

Hey Robert,
How are you doing to have NVDA switching languages just reading e-mails? I would like such a feature in mine as well.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 19/01/2019 06:37, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:

[...]

Gene

Turn use automatic language switching off.  it's in the settings for your synthesizer.  I don't know if this part of the interface has changed in new versions but you can try this.  Use NVDA key control v to open the synthesizer dialog and tab around until you find the checkbox.  Uncheck it with the space bar.  Then Press enter.

Yes fix this issue! It’s annoying having to always invoke the Go to Details command in Bard Express! If the issue werefixed, it’d make thebrowsing of Bard Express somuchefficient!

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the narrator.

***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

i am not doing it on purpose. it just happens.
***
[...]

Yes, it switches to Spanish. Also in my Word documents NVDA switches
to Spanish on some lines.
Nevzat

On 1/19/19, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@comcast.net> wrote:
i am not doing it on purpose. it just happens.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you
get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire
annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads
the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the
narrator.

***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if
you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

And what determines such a behavior? I mean, when NVDA knows it's time to change its language?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

On 1/19/19, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
[...]

I don't know what might determine it in a Word document.  In HTML, there is a language tag that many sites use to specify the language of the site or page.

I explained in an earlier message how to stop the synthesizer automatically changing language.  You will notice a dialect checkbox in the same voices dialog I discussed before.  If you don't want the dialect to change, for example, Brittish English on a site that specifies the dialect, uncheck this box as well, if it is checked.

      has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire
annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads
the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the
narrator.

      ***
      Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
      the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if
you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
      ****

Thanks for the always good advices, Gene.
Looking forward to try understanding NVDA's way of thinking on it though.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 19/01/2019 11:51, Gene escreveu:

[...]

This isn't limited to NVDA.  Whatever voice it uses, it does so because of some sort of code in web pages or other documents.

Others may be able to give more information.

      has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire
annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only reads
the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the
narrator.

      ***
      Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
      the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if
you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
      ****

You can go to voice preffs, and uncheck auto dialect and auto language switching checkboxes to stop that you know.

On 19/01/2019 9:37 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

[...]

Diane

I just the message Doc sent about bard express with Jaws and the same thing
happens. It switches languages, so it isn't just BVDA.

has there been any consideration to fix NVDA to read the entire
annotation when searching for books in BARD express? Currantly it only
reads
the title, author and a fraction of the annotation then jumps to the
narrator.

***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what
if
you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

Gene

        Evidently, you are reading mail as HTML and the HTML message from the person you are discussing has a Spanish tag.

I just the message Doc sent about bard express with Jaws and the same thing
happens.  It switches languages, so it isn't just BVDA.
Yes, it switches to Spanish. Also in my Word documents NVDA switches
to Spanish on some lines.
Nevzat

On 1/19/19, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
> i am not doing it on purpose. it just happens.
> ***
> Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
> the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you
> get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
> ****

Jonathan COHN

In Microsoft Word, under the review tab, you should be able to find a language area. NVDA and JAWS both look at this language to determine which voice to use by default. Note also in the review section for any version of Office that is less than a year old, that there is a accessibility checker. You should consider asking people you coorespond with regularly to use this. It will remind them of such things as adding labels to pictures.

Have a great MLK,

Jonathan Cohn

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 8:54 AM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

[...]

Nice to know about it.
I'll spread the word :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 8:54 AM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

[...]

Getting back to topic, andhoping this Email reads as it should *Iforgot to change myWindows10 Keyboard language from Spanish to English( fix the Bard Express issue! It’sannoying having to press the Control]b or Book Detailscommand! I don’t understnadwhy other screenreaders work as they should with Bard Express, being lately that more and more of us are using NVDA.