NVDA not giving accurate feedback

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

I downloaded latest NVDA update yesterday. All of a sudden, NVDA is sometimes reading the letter before or after where my cursor is or the line before or after whee the cursor is. For example, my cursor may be on the line between two paragraphs, but NVDA will be reading the last line of the first paragraph. Do I need to uninstall and re-install NVDA? Can I do that without losing my current NVDA settings? Other possible solutions? Thanks

Greg

Quentin Christensen

Hi Greg,

Firstly, have you restarted the computer since you updated? That's the first thing to do if you haven't already.  99% of the time that will resolve these kind of random issues.

If it's still happening, does it happen everywhere, or in particular programs or situations?  Restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled is worth trying, and after all that, if you send me a copy of your log to info@... I can have a look and see if I can find anything there.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

MAX <max@...>

I’m having the same problem.  If I am in a list of files nvda will read the file name below the cursor instead of the one it’s on.  I had not made the connection between this behavior and the update but that is when it started.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

I downloaded latest NVDA update yesterday. All of a sudden, NVDA is sometimes reading the letter before or after where my cursor is or the line before or after whee the cursor is. For example, my cursor may be on the line between two paragraphs, but NVDA will be reading the last line of the first paragraph. Do I need to uninstall and re-install NVDA? Can I do that without losing my current NVDA settings? Other possible solutions? Thanks

Greg

Gene

Make sure you are in object navigation.  I don't know if there is any connection between the problem and the update but if the update is changing your setting from object navigation to screen navigation, you will have problems like what you are describing and maybe what is being described in the first message.