From: Sylvain Machefert
Sent: 18 January 2019 18:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] All windows are full screen

Hi NVDA group,

I can't find the setting to disable this behaviour.
After opening any window (notepad, task manager, 7-zip...), a few seconds after the windiws is fullscreened (maximized).

If I close NVDA this behaviour disappear, so it seems it comes from it.
As you can imagine, it annoyes me and I'd like to disable this.
How to disable full screen ?

Many thanks in advance

--
Sylvain Machefert

Sylvain Machefert

I don't remember having installed addons, I'll check that in a few days.

Sylvain

Le 18 janv. 2019 19:44, "Chris via Groups.Io" <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io> a écrit :

I guess you installed the nvda global addon recently

I can't find the setting to disable this behaviour.
After opening any window (notepad, task manager, 7-zip...), a few seconds after the windiws is fullscreened (maximized).

If I close NVDA this behaviour disappear, so it seems it comes from it.
As you can imagine, it annoyes me and I'd like to disable this.
How to disable full screen ?

Many thanks in advance

--
Sylvain Machefert

hi.
just press alt space and go down and set your desired settings.
god bless you all!

On 1/18/19, Sylvain Machefert <iubito@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't remember having installed addons, I'll check that in a few days.

Sylvain

Le 18 janv. 2019 19:44, "Chris via Groups.Io" <chrismedley=
btinternet.com@groups.io> a écrit :

I guess you installed the nvda global addon recently

I can't find the setting to disable this behaviour.
After opening any window (notepad, task manager, 7-zip...), a few seconds
after the windiws is fullscreened (maximized).

If I close NVDA this behaviour disappear, so it seems it comes from it.
As you can imagine, it annoyes me and I'd like to disable this.
How to disable full screen ?

Many thanks in advance

--
Sylvain Machefert

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Sylvain Machefert

HHii, I know the alt+space menu, and also the double click on the title of the window to restore its size and positionn,
but the maximization occurs when I launch an app (e.g. notepad) and also when I switch from a window to another usint alt+tab.
Regards,

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

bering.p

Hi,
Have you installed the NVDA GlobalPlugin Extension " add-on in your NVDA?
If yes, you can turn of  window maximization feature by uncheck
"Automatically maximize" windows"  option of this module.
Best regards.

Paul.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Lino Morales

What is add-on supposed to do anyway? Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

bering.p

Hi,
This:

This add-on adds to NVDA:
1- The following features (some of them can be enabled or disabled individually):
- Display of the list of icons in the notification area ,
- Display the window list of running applications,
- Assist in the composition of a symbol that is complex such as, for example, a a e related, a symbol power of 2 and option of adding their own categories and symbols,
- Extension of the functionality of the buffer virtual for the browsers Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome:
    * new navigation commands to the buffer virtual (paragraph, division, anchor, main landmark),
    * new types of elements for the dialog box opened by "NVDA+F7" (title,reference, frame, button,etc.) with the announcement of the number of items found ,
    * scripts for the tables: announce of the cells in a row /column , go to first/last cell in the row/current column, move the column/row preceding or following with announcement possible of the cells in that row/column,
    * script to announce the URL of the document,
    * navigation in loop,
- Announcement of the function associated with editing commands like Copy, Paste, etc.,
- Announcement of the name of the folder pre-selected in the dialog boxes like "Open","Save", "Save as",etc,
- report or  display informations about focused application :
    * Announcement of the name and state of current voice profile ,
    * Announcement of the application's name and version number ,
    * announcement of name and version number of activated add-on,
- Opening of the old or current NVDA log and copy the path in the clipboard,
- speech history,
- presentation of the formatting of the text in a dialog box (disabled by default (NVDA command key NVDA+f),
- renaming  keyboard keys,
- selective announcement of  command keys,
- simple minute countdown timer,
- display visible items making up the foreground object,
- quick voice profils switching,
- modifier key remanence,
- shutdown , reboot or hibernate the computer,
- manage input gestures configured by user,
- main and NVDA volume control:
    * set on or off the volume for focused application,
    - establishe and set the level of main and NVDA volume at module start.
- conversion to html   of t2t or markdown add-on doc  files (for developer),
    2- The following options:
- remove the announcement of the object's description in the ribbons Windows,
- announce the focused word when deleting a word,
- automatically maximize the foreground window,
- say, systematically, the punctuations and symbols when you move by word (not enabled by default).
3- Advanced options:
- play sound on logged errors also for final or RC NVDA version,
- establishe and set automaticaly the level of main and NVDA volume at loading of module.
4- and various other items such as:
- sub-menus to explore the program folders or configuration,
- script to restart NVDA.
This Module has been developed with the participation of Daniel Poiraud. It is not compatible with versions of NVDA below the 2018.2."""

Paul.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

I still have no idea what add-on is being discussed.  I've looked at the official and under development add-ons page, as well as doing a web search, and can find nothing under the name GlobalPlugin.  I can find descriptions of the concept of a global plugin versus application specific modules, but nothing under that name.  I find nothing under just "global" either, as far as a specific add-on.

Something's missing in what's been mentioned so far.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

bering.p

Hi,
This is a french add-on  and not an offical add-on.
You can find it on nvda-fr.org site.
Best regards.
Paul.

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

On 1/19/2019 10:17 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I still have no idea what add-on is being discussed.  I've looked at the official and under development add-ons page, as well as doing a web search, and can find nothing under the name GlobalPlugin.  I can find descriptions of the concept of a global plugin versus application specific modules, but nothing under that name.  I find nothing under just "global" either, as far as a specific add-on.

Something's missing in what's been mentioned so far.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Gene

In the description of the add-on sent to the list, I didn't see a feature that automatically maximizes any opened window.  Did I miss it or is it there, but not in the description.

This is a french add-on  and not an offical add-on.
You can find it on nvda-fr.org site.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 19/01/2019 16:17, Brian Vogel a écrit :
I still have no idea what add-on is being discussed.  I've looked at the official and under development add-ons page, as well as doing a web search, and can find nothing under the name GlobalPlugin.  I can find descriptions of the concept of a global plugin versus application specific modules, but nothing under that name.  I find nothing under just "global" either, as far as a specific add-on.

Something's missing in what's been mentioned so far.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM, Kenny wrote:

Try the following page:

https://www.nvda-fr.org/article.php?id=10

Thank you.  This should have been included at the outset, particularly since the thing has a name like this, as one word:  NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin

Now, at least, the readership can literally be on the same (web)page.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Gene

I see.  It looks as though the puzzle has been solved.

This is a french add-on  and not an offical add-on.
You can find it on nvda-fr.org site.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 19/01/2019 16:17, Brian Vogel a écrit :
I still have no idea what add-on is being discussed.  I've looked at the official and under development add-ons page, as well as doing a web search, and can find nothing under the name GlobalPlugin.  I can find descriptions of the concept of a global plugin versus application specific modules, but nothing under that name.  I find nothing under just "global" either, as far as a specific add-on.

Something's missing in what's been mentioned so far.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I was just thinking the same as I've not seen it but it sounds like it should be called Swiss Army Knife.
Its worrying as if its good at all these things and is not actually being looked at it could fail spectacularly when the next version of NVDA with its add on versions checks and disabling.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I still have no idea what add-on is being discussed. I've looked at the official and under development add-ons page, as well as doing a web search, and can find nothing under the name GlobalPlugin. I can find descriptions of the concept of a global plugin versus application specific modules, but nothing under that name. I find nothing under just "global" either, as far as a specific add-on.

Something's missing in what's been mentioned so far.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It said systematically opens windows in fuls screen or similar phrasing.
[...]

Except those of us who did not learn French. Does this mean this add on has no English translation if run here?
Could I respectfully ask that the authors submit it for review and put it on the official web site for everyone to play with. It will then also be looked at by those doing the Python 3 project, which I suspect may well throw a fair number of spanners in the direction of its routines.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM, Kenny wrote:

> Try the following page:

> https://www.nvda-fr.org/article.php?id=10

Thank you. This should have been included at the outset, particularly since

the thing has a name like this, as one word: NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin

Now, at least, the readership can literally be on the same (web)page.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for

illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

bering.p

Hi,
Why be so fearful of the future?
This module exiists for more than six years and has survived all the versions of NVDA.
Why the next version of NVDA kills it ?
To reassure you, it is still possible to test it on a version master portable NVDA.
But I may have misunderstood your response. Please, in this case, excuse me.
Sorry for my bad english.

Paul.