NVDA and Firefox

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi,
I've tried Shift alt N, but I can't seem to reach the alert bar.
I need help reaching the Would you like to save this password message. I can tab to it, but it is difficult to find it. I would appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks
Chris

Ejaz Shah

Try F6 or Shift + F6.

On 20/01/2019 5:44 am, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
I've tried Shift alt N, but I can't seem to reach the alert bar.
I need help reaching the Would you like to save this password message. I can tab to it, but it is difficult to find it. I would appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks
Chris

Chris

Try the mozilla apps enhancements addon for nvda, its on the official addon page

That should make things easier for you

I've tried Shift alt N, but I can't seem to reach the alert bar.

I need help reaching the Would you like to save this password message.

I can tab to it, but it is difficult to find it. I would appreciate any

help you can give.

Thanks

Chris

Felix G.

Hi,
I usually press ctrl+l to go to the address bar, then tab from there
until I get to the notification. I know it's not optimum but not even
the documentation from Mozilla is giving a shortcut.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 20. Jan. 2019 um 10:55 Uhr schrieb Chris via Groups.Io
<chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>:

Try the mozilla apps enhancements addon for nvda, its on the official addon page

That should make things easier for you

I've tried Shift alt N, but I can't seem to reach the alert bar.

I need help reaching the Would you like to save this password message.

I can tab to it, but it is difficult to find it. I would appreciate any

help you can give.

Thanks

Chris

Rui Fontes

Normally, it is Alt+N...
At least in portuguese...

Rui

Às 13:06 de 20/01/2019, Felix G. escreveu:

Hi,
I usually press ctrl+l to go to the address bar, then tab from there
until I get to the notification. I know it's not optimum but not even
the documentation from Mozilla is giving a shortcut.
Best,
Felix
Am So., 20. Jan. 2019 um 10:55 Uhr schrieb Chris via Groups.Io
<chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>:

Try the mozilla apps enhancements addon for nvda, its on the official addon page

That should make things easier for you

I've tried Shift alt N, but I can't seem to reach the alert bar.

I need help reaching the Would you like to save this password message.

I can tab to it, but it is difficult to find it. I would appreciate any

help you can give.

Thanks

Chris

Desert Moon

Hello Chris,

I use Firefox (latest version) and have the Firefox Add-on installed.

After you have logged into a site for the first time, the alert to save passed is in focus and totally accessible. You can tab around: Save, Don’t Save, User Name and Password; and make your choice.

But if you navigate away from the alert, you will not get it back. Firefox has no hotkey for that. With the Firefox Add-on, you can press NVDA + Ctrl + N. It is supposed to read the last notification and takes the system focus to it if it is possible. But all you hear is: “Last alert about xx seconds (or minutes, whatever the case may be) ago. Couldn't capture the texts of the notification.” Other methods suggested by folks in this thread don’t seem to be able to salvage the alert, I am afraid.

So, if you have bypassed that alert, just wait for it to pop up after your next login.

--
Desert

Felix G.

Hi,
as Firefox is designed with accessibility way up on the priority list,
it's atypical that there should just be no way to get to one of its
own notifications. The resident Mozillans on this list can probably
shed some light on how it's supposed to work.
Best,
Felix

Am Mo., 21. Jan. 2019 um 01:30 Uhr schrieb Desert Moon via Groups.Io
<desert.moon=protonmail.com@groups.io>:

[...]

Gene

I don't know if there is a hot key or not but if you move to the address bar, control l, then tab a number of times, I believe you will find the notification.  Read it fully to see if you hear alt plus letter commands announced for the choices.  Using them is easier than looking for and opening the structure where you work with the actual items.