Special simvle

farhan israk

How to insert special simble including [] in Windows 10 desktop computer?

Quentin Christensen

The symbol you inserted didn't come through, but do you mean emojis?  If so, I put some information about using them in the last In-Process before Christmas: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-18th-december-18/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Can you be a bit more specific on what you are trying to achieve in nvda?
Are you wanting to allow nvda to read a special symbol or are you perhaps asking on how to create a particular symbol in a document, this is a windows query and may be more applicable on a windows list.
Often this sort of thing depends on the language windows is set on and the language the installed version has loaded.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

How to insert special simble including [] in Windows 10 desktop computer?

farhan israk

Thank you. I want to write square bracket which isn't available in keyboard.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> How to insert special simble including [] in Windows 10 desktop computer?

Quentin Christensen

If you want a symbol rather than an emoji, you can use Windows' charmap - press the windows key, type the word "charmap" and press ENTER.

You can use this dialog to find different characters.  The default simple view lets you pick a font, then arrow around it and find characters.  If you check the "advanced" checkbox, you can search for characters - for instance I searched in Arial for "bracket" and found just the square and curly brackets.  When it reads each character in the list, it reads something like: "U+005D: Right Square Bracket".  If you know te appropriate ASCII code, you can also type that in many places, by pressing alt and then a numerical sequence.  For some reason, that code is in hexadecimal (base 16) but you type the code in base 10 (alt+093 will give you a right square bracket).  Note that in order to type those codes, you need to use the number pad (with numlock on), not the number row.

Regards
Quentin.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:08 AM farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@...> wrote:

Thank you. I want to write square bracket which isn't available in keyboard.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019, 2:28 pm Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io wrote:
Can you be a bit more specific on what you are trying to achieve in nvda?
 Are you wanting to allow nvda to read a special symbol or are you perhaps
asking on how to create a particular symbol in a document, this is a windows
query and may be more applicable on a windows list.
 Often this sort of thing depends on the language windows is set on and the
language the installed version  has loaded.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> How to insert special simble including [] in Windows 10 desktop computer?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

On a US English keyboard, the left and right square brackets are immediately to the right of the letter P.

Though I realize the original poster is not likely to be using a US English keyboard, remember that you can install additional languages in Settings, Time & Language, Language Pane.   After you have more than one language on your Windows 10 installation it will support that language's keyboard "virtually" with whatever keyboard you may have on your system.   I know someone who's a translator who routinely switches between keyboard languages on their computer.  A new entry will show up in the system tray, which you can get to with WinKey+B and right arrowing over to hear the keyboard currently in use or change it.  You can also use WinKey+Space to cycle through the various language keyboards for the languages you have installed.

I mention the above because while using Character map for the odd character now and again, and I do for the degree symbol, if you're trying to use a collection of symbols common on one language's keyboard or are typing something in that language switching your keyboard layout virtually can come in really handy.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

What language are you working in? Because in english, the two keys to the right of the letter p are square brackets. you have to hit the shift to get the curly brackets.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****