Topics

reading from cursor to end of document issues

Dan Thompson

Hi all,

I frequently have issues with NVDA not reading from cursor to end of a document.  I press NVDA key plus down arrow and only one line is read. How can I get it to continue reading?  I believe this use to work.  But maybe I’m mistaken.

Thanks for any guidance.

First, what's your layout in use right now?
The command you're talking about will work ONLY if you use the desktop layout.
I don't remember the laptop layout command to perform this function, though.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 21/01/2019 16:33, Dan Thompson escreveu:

Hi all,

I frequently have issues with NVDA not reading from cursor to end of a document.� I press NVDA key plus down arrow and only one line is read. How can I get it to continue reading?� I believe this use to work.� But maybe I�m mistaken.

Thanks for any guidance.

�

Just for the record, "Say all" from the current position in the Laptop Keyboard Layout is NVDA+a

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Gene

Are you using the desktop layout?  If you are using the laptop layout, that is not the correct command.

Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 12:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] reading from cursor to end of document issues

Hi all,

I frequently have issues with NVDA not reading from cursor to end of a document.  I press NVDA key plus down arrow and only one line is read. How can I get it to continue reading?  I believe this use to work.  But maybe I’m mistaken.

Thanks for any guidance.

From the NVDA keyboard shortcuts document

Say all
Desktop Layout   NVDA+Down Arrow
Laptop Layout     NVDA+a

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

hi.
if you use desktop layout and SayAll still does not work for you, just
find screen saver on control panel or by search find it and set it to
none.
i am sure that you can use SayAll in all commen and accessible
programs like web browsers, notepad, wordpad, notepad plus plus and
microsoft word.
but unfortunately SayAll is not supported in openoffice or libreoffice
if you use them.

From the NVDA keyboard shortcuts document

Say all
Desktop Layout   NVDA+Down Arrow
Laptop Layout     NVDA+a
moving it along as it goes
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for
illusion is deep.*

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

It still does. Somehow you must be releasing the NVDA KEY BEFORE HITTING THE DOWN ARROW.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****