From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Rhodes
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2019 15:45
To: NVDA Users Group <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] NVDA command to read columns in a MS Word document

I’ve set up a Word document with 3 columns. When I am using NVDA to read back through the document, is there a command to jump from column to column e.g. read line 1 in the first column and then jump to line 1 in the second column? Thanks.

Greg

Chris Mullins

Hi

I am not sure the Control+alt+Arrows work in this situation.  My understanding is that this is not a table but a formatting option  to make the document look like columns such as in a newspaper.  I seem to recall Jaws having some key commands for this but I can’t remember if it’s the same keystrokes as those used to read tables.

Cheers

Chris

I’ve set up a Word document with 3 columns. When I am using NVDA to read back through the document, is there a command to jump from column to column e.g. read line 1 in the first column and then jump to line 1 in the second column? Thanks.

Greg

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

When I use Ctrl/Alt/Right or Left Arrow, NVDA says “Not in Table”. Other things to try?

Greg

Jonathan COHN

Assuming there is content in the column, the alt  up/down arrow keys will move you  through these columns. Also useful to know that in the layout tab of Word 365 is a "break" menu where you can insert a column break. I thought there was a keyboard shortcut for this also, but could not find it. Certainly would be nice if Microsoft added column navigation to the goto page dialog. (control-G)).