nvda and adobe digital edition

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

Ok well I finally got my RCA cambio tablet reset. I had to turn it off. Turn it back on and then keep tapping f9 until the windows10 troubleshooter came up and windows narrator turned on. And then I reset windows10 and told it to wipe out and remove everything and it did. Everything is back installed the way I like except for a game or two that I can get later on.  So my question is this. Norton and its junk I do not care about has been wiped out. So is there a way I can get adobe digital edition without Norton? I don’t want the Norton stuff to be installed all over again. I just want adobe digital edition software so I can read epub books. Or will google chrome let me read epub books with the bookmarking features and stuff?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

I saw your message on another list.  I don't recall which lists had replies to your message about how to read EPUB books without Adobe Digital Editions.  You can do so in many ways and you don't need the program.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and adobe digital edition

Hi,

Ok well I finally got my RCA cambio tablet reset. I had to turn it off. Turn it back on and then keep tapping f9 until the windows10 troubleshooter came up and windows narrator turned on. And then I reset windows10 and told it to wipe out and remove everything and it did. Everything is back installed the way I like except for a game or two that I can get later on.  So my question is this. Norton and its junk I do not care about has been wiped out. So is there a way I can get adobe digital edition without Norton? I don’t want the Norton stuff to be installed all over again. I just want adobe digital edition software so I can read epub books. Or will google chrome let me read epub books with the bookmarking features and stuff?

Josh

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I thought that there was an option with all adobe stuff to decline their extras. If that did not work it might pay dividends to talk to Adobe about it, I'd imagine the last thing they would want is sombody telling people not to download their software due to another piece of software.

The NVDA devs used to talk to Adobe a lot and got them to fix the installers on their flash and other software that were not accessible so maybe they still have a contact there. Anyone?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and adobe digital edition

Hi,
Ok well I finally got my RCA cambio tablet reset. I had to turn it off. Turn it back on and then keep tapping f9 until the windows10 troubleshooter came up and windows narrator turned on. And then I reset windows10 and told it to wipe out and remove everything and it did. Everything is back installed the way I like except for a game or two that I can get later on. So my question is this. Norton and its junk I do not care about has been wiped out. So is there a way I can get adobe digital edition without Norton? I don’t want the Norton stuff to be installed all over again. I just want adobe digital edition software so I can read epub books. Or will google chrome let me read epub books with the bookmarking features and stuff?

Josh

Mallard

Hello,

You sure don't need the programme to read DRM-free epubs, but you need it to read ebooks protected with Adobe DRM.

In adition, there are many instances where you can't download ebooks if you don't have ADE, because what you get when you buy or borrow ADE books is an acsm file, which is a license. In order to obtain the actual book, you need to open it with ADE.

This is what I know. Are there any alternatives? I wish there were!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 22/01/2019 17:23, Gene ha scritto:
I saw your message on another list.  I don't recall which lists had replies to your message about how to read EPUB books without Adobe Digital Editions.  You can do so in many ways and you don't need the program.
Gene
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:33 AM
*To:* nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
*Subject:* [nvda] nvda and adobe digital edition

Hi,

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10