Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:22 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and ads blocker

Hi All,

Today some pages are so riddled with long links that are ads, some of which are several lines long, making reading with a screen reader very annoying and difficult.  Example of pages are Breitbart.com, wnd.com… they are becoming very common which, in my view, is a violation of the ADA that we may need to look into and report.

Is there any way to skip the ads?  Is there a freeware ads blocker that works well with NVDA?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Gene

Also, you gave site URLS.  Please give a page where such links occur?  I have no idea what article or articles may contain them and it is a waste of time to read full articles, perhaps many, to find one of these links.  If you cite one specific article, I'll read it and I'll try reading view and perhaps another way around the problem.

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:22 PM

Hi All,

Today some pages are so riddled with long links that are ads, some of which are several lines long, making reading with a screen reader very annoying and difficult.  Example of pages are Breitbart.com, wnd.com… they are becoming very common which, in my view, is a violation of the ADA that we may need to look into and report.

Is there any way to skip the ads?  Is there a freeware ads blocker that works well with NVDA?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Lino Morales

                Pascale I don’t believe these sites violate the ADA. It’s a bit of a stretch to even go that far. I do understand where your coming from because I do visit:

www.wnd.com

a lot. The only solution is using JAWS’s Flexible Web feature which is beyond the scope of this list. The sites are a bear to navigate that’s for sure.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Today some pages are so riddled with long links that are ads, some of which are several lines long, making reading with a screen reader very annoying and difficult.  Example of pages are Breitbart.com, wnd.com… they are becoming very common which, in my view, is a violation of the ADA that we may need to look into and report.

Is there any way to skip the ads?  Is there a freeware ads blocker that works well with NVDA?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

The uBlock Origin ad blocker works beautifully with both Firefox and Chrome.  It's not an accessibility issue if you're bought.barded with the same ads as everyone else is. I haven't browsed without an ad blocker for many years now because the ads are ubiquitous and distracting.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Lino Morales

Brian does it weed out most of the adds on news sites etc. You’ve talked about this extention before.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10