excel is stop when edited comment finish

特種兵

hi groups

  I use microsoft office 2016 and NVDA 2018.4.1
  excel is always stop when I edited comment finish everytime.
  I inserted comment then pressed esc to return excel sheet
  but I use arrow key can not move cursor and NVDA has no response anything until I pressed control plus s saved this file and alt plus F4 quit it
  then pressed enter key open this file and I see all things
  so anyone give me some advice if you know whats happen
  am I use edit finished method is error?
  thanks

--

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

Quentin Christensen

Hi there,

It looks like Microsoft have taken what used to be comments, and renamed them to "notes", and added a new feature called "comments".  The difference appears to be that any cell can have one "note", but may have multiple "comments" and you can reply to other users' comments (similar to the way comments can be replied to in Word).

I have just created a couple of issues for this on our tracker:

Issue 9193 covers the naming, but also lists the steps to add each type of note / comment: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9193

Issue 9194 covers the freeze you are experiencing: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9194

Issue 9195 covers NVDA not reporting what are now called comments: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9195

At this stage, I would recommend adding "notes" with SHIFT+F2, not the context menu, and NVDA will report them, but call them comments.  Press NVDA+alt+c to read the comment when NVDA reports "Has comment".

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:58 AM 特種兵 <afreettears@...> wrote:
hi groups

   I use microsoft office 2016 and NVDA 2018.4.1
   excel is always stop when I edited comment finish everytime.
   I inserted comment then pressed esc to return excel sheet
   but I use arrow key can not move cursor and NVDA has no response
anything until I pressed control plus s saved this file and alt plus F4
quit it
   then pressed enter key open this file and I see all things
   so anyone give me some advice if you know whats happen
   am I use edit finished method is error?
   thanks

--

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Could be a bug with excell, ring ms disability and see if they can reproduce it.

Office is updated frequently so.

On 24/01/2019 5:58 AM, 特種兵 wrote:
hi groups

  I use microsoft office 2016 and NVDA 2018.4.1
  excel is always stop when I edited comment finish everytime.
  I inserted comment then pressed esc to return excel sheet
  but I use arrow key can not move cursor and NVDA has no response anything until I pressed control plus s saved this file and alt plus F4 quit it
  then pressed enter key open this file and I see all things
  so anyone give me some advice if you know whats happen
  am I use edit finished method is error?
  thanks

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I think I experience the same when I edit a formula in a cell. However, I don't have to close Excel, I just press alt+tab to swop to another window and then press alt+tab to come back again into Excel and then NVDA responds.

Perhaps you could try that? Then you would not have to go through all those tedious steps of saving the workbook, closing it and then reopening it again.

All the best,

Cearbhall

I use microsoft office 2016 and NVDA 2018.4.1
excel is always stop when I edited comment finish everytime.
I inserted comment then pressed esc to return excel sheet
but I use arrow key can not move cursor and NVDA has no response anything until I pressed control plus s saved this file and alt plus F4 quit it
then pressed enter key open this file and I see all things
so anyone give me some advice if you know whats happen
am I use edit finished method is error?
thanks

--

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

特種兵

I use alt+tab changed active window but it still freeze
  so I must close it then open.
  thank for your advice

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

Cearbhall O'Meadhra 於 2019/1/24 上午 07:18 寫道:

[...]

  ok thanks for Quentin.
  your method solved my question.
  I thought shift+F2 and context insert comment were the same before, in fact shift+F2 has edit dialog and NVDA accessible.
  if finished to edit comment, press tab to find ok button then enter to return.
  my excel is still works fine.

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan
Quentin Christensen 於 2019/1/24 上午 05:27 寫道: