nvda and cursor tracking in windows 10 mail

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

Are you asking about the Windows Mail that came with Vista?  If so, while I have no objection to fixing it, would it only correct a problem in that program and do enough people use it to justify spending NVDA resources on repairing the problem?

In Windows Live Mail, I don't know about recent versions of NVDA, but when composing messages, the cursor didn't move at all properly when reviewing a message using read to end.  If that is the same problem, it might be more worth looking at since a fair number of people still use that program.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:52 PM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and cursor tracking in windows 10 mail

Hi,

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Maria Reyes <blindteky@...>

I think he's asking about Windows 10 mail.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:52 PM

Hi,

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

Yes, that's correct.  I often don't read subject lines and I see it says Windows 10 Mail, though the message itself said Windows Mail.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:52 PM

Hi,

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

sometimes you might need to press NVDA+r then shift tab to the subject field then tab back.  this is what i do when I go to reply and it acts like I'm on a web page.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I've had no such issues with Outlook Express but he might also mean the windows 10 heap of an Email client, which is total rubbish on most 10 machines I've tried to use. Maybe I've been spoilt...
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

While on the subject of email on windows 10. How is OE Classic coming along? Is it usable yet?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

MariaRosa Chapman

HI.

I couldn’t figure out windows 10 mail.

And it would only show my Gmail inbox not any of my other folders.
Thunderbird was better but slow, and now I have settled on outlook which seems to be pretty good.

Maria

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail
and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the
cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be
fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

is this maria in Austrailia?
to get to your other folders you will need to tab to folders and press enter to see them.
***
Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!
****

And it would only show my Gmail inbox not any of my other folders.
Thunderbird was better but slow, and now I have settled on outlook which seems to be pretty good.

Maria

With the latest version of NVDA, I noticed when using it with windows mail
and when you are composing, or replying to an email, NVDA does not track the
cursor very well at all when trying to edit with arrow keys. Can this be
fixed?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Josh Kennedy

no certainly not vista! not at all! never ever! I am tallking about talking about the windows 10 mail app for Windows version: Windows 10Ver1809 (32-bit) build 17763.292

Josh