From: ( NAJAF . Naqvi )
Sent: 27 January 2019 13:09
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] help nvda teem

HI!

Frnds

my nvda slo

please help

nvda version 2018.4.1

and os  windows 10 18o9

salam.
in task manager, processes tab, set nvda.exe priorityto realTime.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 1/27/19, ( NAJAF . Naqvi ) <najafnaqvi471@gmail.com> wrote:
HI!
Frnds
my nvda slo
please help
nvda version 2018.4.1
and os windows 10 18o9

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Felix G.

Hi,
to real-time? I wouldn't do that without analyzing in depth what
causes the slowness.
Good luck,
Felix

Am So., 27. Jan. 2019 um 15:44 Uhr schrieb zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

salam.
in task manager, processes tab, set nvda.exe priorityto realTime.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 1/27/19, ( NAJAF . Naqvi ) <najafnaqvi471@gmail.com> wrote:
HI!
Frnds
my nvda slo
please help
nvda version 2018.4.1
and os windows 10 18o9

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

RealTime priority increases stability, speed and performance of nvda very much.
i learned this helpful matter from one of computer engineers.

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Gene

I’m veryy skeptical that this is a priority issue.  The program works efficiently in general so why should speed be increased on this one machine in that way?

Also, we have no meaningful information and without more information there is no advice that can be properly given except to restart NVDA or restart the machine.

When did the problem start?  What actions had been taken immediately before the problem started?  Is this an ongoing pproblem or one that just started?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Hi,
As Gene pointed out on another post, I'm really skeptical that boosting NVDA's priority would magically solve this problem. Rather, I'm afraid we're pointing the original poster to an untested realm. Therefore, I'd like to ask the community to not follow this advice (I rarely say this kind of thing, but given the circumstances, I'm inclined to tell you this).
Cheers,
Joseph

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Sam Bushman

Hi All,

I agree with Joseph and others. However, I also understand the need to give speech increased priority. Maybe we could look into: Multimedia Class Scheduler Service (MMCSS) and let it manage your threads priority. The MMCSS will prevent your application from using too much CPU time so you don't have to worry about tanking the machine. Might that work as a possible option?

Last point: There is a program on the internet for free called LatencyMon.exe - this program will review your system to see what drivers are causing problems. This should be looked into first to make sure you don't have bad actor software causing problems that you are just masking with the increase thread priority attempt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Sam

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

The Multimedia Class Scheduler is intended to be used by media players and others that deals with multimedia content, specifically DRM services.
Cheers,
Joseph

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

How do you mean it's slow? Can you give specific use cases? Can you tell us what you are duing to cause this? Specs of your machine etc? I myself am not having many issues with nvda on my windows 10 1809 machine.

Take care

On 27 Jan 2019, at 2:37, ( NAJAF . Naqvi ) wrote:

HI!
Frnds
my nvda slo
please help
nvda version 2018.4.1
and os  windows 10 18o9

Sam Bushman

Wen NVDA speaks - is that a player of sorts?

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Depends on synthesizer in use, but internally, yes (at least for synthesizers that ships with NVDA).
Cheers,
Joseph

Em 27/01/2019 14:56, Sam Bushman escreveu:
Last point: There is a program on the internet for free called LatencyMon.exe - this program will review your system to see what drivers are causing problems.
Where do I can find this program? Could you please provide me a link to download it?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It might be interesting to know whether its slow in some cases or all the time.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-