Topics

Speaker pops.

MAX <max@...>

Last night I received a large update to windows. I suppose other windows
users' did as well. Ever since I am hearing fairly loud pops in my
speakers every few minutes. So far it doesn't seem to be related to
anything I am doing but time and experience may reveal something. I wonder
if anyone else is also hearing pops. I'm going to post this same question
on a sighted list to figure out if it is screen reader related.

73 (Regards).

Max. K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io

Gene

Do you hear pops only when you use your screen-reader?  It sounds like a driver problem.  But if you only hear it with your screen-reader, if you put the question on a sighted list, I think you should ask if there is an update to your sound card driver because they won't know what to tell you if you say you only hear the pops when your screen-reader is speaking.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sounds like drivers to me.
Might be worth rolling back while you can. That sort of thing can be really irritating till its sorted!
I have an old XP machine like this I in the end added a different USB sound device which cured it as obviously the internal card drivers were rubbish!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Tonight when I turned on my computer I received another windows update.
The pops are gone. I guess MS heard it from users'

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.