NVDA and Excel

Morne van der Merwe

Good day,

I’m using an Acer laptop with the latest version of NVDA and Windows 10 with Office 2016.

NVDA stops talking while I’m working in Excel.  It goes well for a while and suddenly NVDA just stops functioning.  I tried to restart NVDA with no success in an effort to restore speech.  Is there a way to resolve the matter?

Kind regards

Morné

Antony Stone

Does this happen if you start Excel and just add some simple stuff to a few
cells, or is it only if you open a pre-existing spreadsheet?

If it's when you open a pre-existing spreadsheet, does the problem occur only
with one specific spreadsheet, or with several?

What other applications do you generally use, which do not have this problem?

Antony.

--
Please apologise my errors, since I have a very small device.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

I have same issue with Excel 2016 and Windows 10 version 1809. Speech frequently stops. I usually Alt/Tab to Excel again and speech works until it stops again. Then repeat above.

Greg

Hi,

NV Access is aware of this at the moment, and developers are looking into how this and related issues can be addressed to the best of our abilities.

Cheers,

Joseph