Accessibility of Spotify for desktop for the blind users

Hope Williamson <ladyhope@...>

I just use the website for continuous streaming. For instance I'll search for something and playlists will come up. I've been able to follow playlists and add them to my Library for later streaming, but that's really the only thing I need Spotify for.

Sarah k Alawami

I beliee ou can actually listen to but not create playlists on the web. Also the last time I used the web player it was a bit crazy.

Take care

On 29 Jan 2019, at 15:51, Gene wrote:

You are talking about the Web site, not the desktop program.  How do you use it?  I wouldn't be surprised if many features are inaccessible using the web interface.  For example, can you create playlists, add to your favorites, and perhaps do other things I don't know about?

Gene
----- Original message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility of Spotify for desktop for the blind users

Spotify on the web works fine, at least for me. I used to have the app installed on my phone, but now I just use the web version.

Sarah k Alawami

Good luck with that. The last time this was tried someone on spotify said to me "call apple care and would not hear anymore. Basically they placed the blame on apple and not their app.

On 29 Jan 2019, at 11:03, Marco Oros wrote:

I am sorry, I would like to collect ideas to make Spotify for Windows accessible and ofcourse, send It to Spotify developers.

Or, You can do something, for example to create some addons? Because some things are not accessible for blind people in Spotify for Windows, but most of those are accessible with NVDA.

Very sorry for this.

Marco

Gene

You are talking about the Web site, not the desktop program.  How do you use it?  I wouldn't be surprised if many features are inaccessible using the web interface.  For example, can you create playlists, add to your favorites, and perhaps do other things I don't know about?

Gene
----- Original message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:52 PM

Spotify on the web works fine, at least for me. I used to have the app installed on my phone, but now I just use the web version.

Gene

I found this discussion on the Spotify community site from 2017.  I doubt anything has changed.  Blind people have been asking for accessibility for years.  it appears that any accessibility is accidental.  One more petition or questionaire will do nothing.  It will probably take something like a lawsuit or perhaps a campaign on social media.
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:28 PM

First, unless things have changed, Spotify hasn't been interested in accessibility, calling it a "feature" many years ago.  I'm not sure if they said this, but they may have said it was up to others to implement accessibility for Spotify.

First, I would suggest that before starting this project, find out what the developers think now and ask the community if there have been recent experiences with the developers that indicate whether any of this effort is worth pursuing.  Or it might be advisable to pursue this in a different way, such as through blindness advocacy organizations if Spotify is still uninterested.

Gene
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:03 PM

I am sorry, I would like to collect ideas to make Spotify for Windows
accessible and ofcourse, send It to Spotify developers.

Or, You can do something, for example to create some addons? Because
some things are not accessible for blind people in Spotify for Windows,
but most of those are accessible with NVDA.

Very sorry for this.

Marco

Hope Williamson <ladyhope@...>

Gene

First, unless things have changed, Spotify hasn't been interested in accessibility, calling it a "feature" many years ago.  I'm not sure if they said this, but they may have said it was up to others to implement accessibility for Spotify.

First, I would suggest that before starting this project, find out what the developers think now and ask the community if there have been recent experiences with the developers that indicate whether any of this effort is worth pursuing.  Or it might be advisable to pursue this in a different way, such as through blindness advocacy organizations if Spotify is still uninterested.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:03 PM

I am sorry, I would like to collect ideas to make Spotify for Windows
accessible and ofcourse, send It to Spotify developers.

Or, You can do something, for example to create some addons? Because
some things are not accessible for blind people in Spotify for Windows,
but most of those are accessible with NVDA.

Very sorry for this.

Marco

Michael Munn

I'm a duel screen reader user. 
I use both NvDA and Jaws. 
I personally think that NVDA need at  least one music ad on. 
We have add on for almost everything but music player. . 
This is just my opinion. 
Thanks 
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

Hi.
I, personally, don't use Spotify.
But I've forwarded your message. Hope this helps somehow.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 29/01/2019 08:32, Marco Oros escreveu:

Formuláre Google

Hi people!
Please, can You fill out this form. Do You know, some features are accessible in Spotify for Windows with NVDA, but some are not. Also, could You send this form to another blind users?
Thank You.
Marco Oros

Some features of Spotify for windows are accessible for blind users, but some are not accessible.
Vyplniť formulár

Vytvoriť vlastný formulár Google

Marco Oros

I am sorry, I would like to collect ideas to make Spotify for Windows accessible and ofcourse, send It to Spotify developers.

Or, You can do something, for example to create some addons? Because some things are not accessible for blind people in Spotify for Windows, but most of those are accessible with NVDA.

Very sorry for this.

Marco

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It is a bit vague. Who is the person asking and what relationship do they have with the software. Not wanting to criticise the underlying principal but these things generally work best if coordinated.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:51 PM

I'll never understand why people don't give details when sending emails. What will you do with the data after this is presented? Take it to Spotify? Who else has access to the data we present and what will the team do with it? Narrow down what parts are not accessible? I'm not filling this out until more detail is given.

I'll never understand why people don't give details when sending emails. What will you do with the data after this is presented? Take it to Spotify? Who else has access to the data we present and what will the team do with it? Narrow down what parts are not accessible? I'm not filling this out until more detail is given.

Marco Oros

Formuláre Google
Hi people!
Please, can You fill out this form. Do You know, some features are accessible in Spotify for Windows with NVDA, but some are not. Also, could You send this form to another blind users?
Thank You.
Marco Oros
Some features of Spotify for windows are accessible for blind users, but some are not accessible.
Vyplniť formulár
Vytvoriť vlastný formulár Google