Topics

Joseph Lee's add-ons: mandatory update for add-ons to be released in the next few hours #addonrelease

Hi everyone,

For users of my add-ons: in a few hours I’ll be releasing updates to various add-ons, including Enhanced Touch Gestures, Golden Cursor, Systray List and others. Today’s updates are mandatory because they will make these add-ons compatible with work that was just approved for inclusion in NVDA.

The following add-ons are affected:

  • Easy Table Navigator
  • Enhanced Touch Gestures
  • Golden Cursor
  • GoldWave
  • Object Location Tones
  • ObjPad
  • Resource Monitor
  • StationPlaylist 18.09.6-LTS
  • SystrayList
  • Virtual Review

Updates to these add-ons will show up via Add-on Updater soon.

For ones not listed (Add-on Updater, stable version of StationPlaylist, and Windows 10 App Essentials), they are affected to some degree if you are using older versions of those add-ons.

What happens if you do not install updates for add-ons listed above: there may come a time when NVDA alpha snapshot users will find that these add-ons are not working, caused by changes to NVDA itself and use of old add-on releases (I’m giving you an early warning so you’ll know what to do now).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Interestingly it came through as one set of three and then another set of one after the first reboot.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I got nothing last night before retiring.  As of a few moments ago I got the group of three, but even after exiting NVDA and restarting there's been no fourth as a single item.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well that means you do not have the same add ons as I do I would imagine.
I wonder what the situation is for a machine running the previous stable version as I see the last update of add on updater has removed the add on update entry from the menu, meaning that any updates to older nvda versions are now manual again.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I got nothing last night before retiring. As of a few moments ago I got the group of three, but even after exiting NVDA and restarting there's been no fourth as a single item.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back