From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 9:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Addon updater

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to
update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that
the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update
notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Don H

It tells me that Addon updater version is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Says I need NVDA 2.0.
I am running NVDA 2018.4.1.

On 2/1/2019 9:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph
Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
This is the reason why I told everyone yesterday that users should install Add-on Updater 19.02.1A manually.
Speaking of Add-on Updater: it looks like I need to push another mandatory update to this add-on next week. The current solution I wrote as part of 19.02.1A is a temporary one that isn't compatible with Python 3 version of NVDA. The upcoming 19.02.2 will make sure Add-on Updater is both backward and forward compatible.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Jacob Kruger

Joseph, issue there is that the version offered via the webpage is only wintenApps-19.02.nvda-addon, and, not wintenApps-19.02.1a.nvda-addon?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
No, if you go to community add-ons page and select Add-on Updater/stable version link, you'll get 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Andy

I thought Joseph said that for some reason you have to update this one manually by going to the add-ons site and downloading and installing it manually.

Andy

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to
update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that
the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update
notice every time I start NVDA.

Jacob Kruger

Ok, you were right, but, earlier on - maybe my browser, or router were caching a different version, it kept on just offering me the other version.

Thanks

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Hi,

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi Joseph,
If I choose to wait for the next version of add-on updater, will I still need to update it manually or can I simply update from the version I have right now to the newer one?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 01/02/2019 14:41, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,
This is the reason why I told everyone yesterday that users should install Add-on Updater 19.02.1A manually.
Speaking of Add-on Updater: it looks like I need to push another mandatory update to this add-on next week. The current solution I wrote as part of 19.02.1A is a temporary one that isn't compatible with Python 3 version of NVDA. The upcoming 19.02.2 will make sure Add-on Updater is both backward and forward compatible.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha.  Get a update notice to update the addon update addon.  If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA.  Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,

Depends on which NVDA version you’ve got:

  • 2018.4.1: manual update is mandatory.
  • Alpha/beta: automatic update will work.

However, for this one and upcoming 19.02.2, you SHOULD update manually.

Cheers,

Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha.  Get a update notice to update the addon update addon.  If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA.  Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
I'm on the Alpha channel.
So let's say, if I still choose to wait beyond the 2019.0.2.2, from this point I'll be able to update it automatically?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 01/02/2019 18:29, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,

Depends on which NVDA version you’ve got:

  • 2018.4.1: manual update is mandatory.
  • Alpha/beta: automatic update will work.

However, for this one and upcoming 19.02.2, you SHOULD update manually.

Cheers,

Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha.  Get a update notice to update the addon update addon.  If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA.  Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,

No because 19.02.2 restores Python 3 compatibility, and current version isn’t python 3 compatible (at least one particular area of code; previously it was Python 3 compatible but in an attempt to fix compatibility with older NVDA releases, a method that was optimized for Python 2 was selected on a temporary basis).

Cheers,

Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha.  Get a update notice to update the addon update addon.  If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA.  Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Ok, got it.
Thanks for the answers :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
Okay, what is the version of NVDA you are using? Also, when you get a notification about Emoticons update, did you say "update" within five minutes of getting it?
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi,

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Hi,
Hmmm. I think you hit the timeout issue mentioned by some on this list: after getting a notice about NVDA add-on updates, you must act within five minutes to download updates for some add-ons (mostly add-ons with source code hosted on GitHub).
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi,

On 2019-02-01 5:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fixed in Add-on Updater 19.02.1A.
Cheers,
Joseph

Running latest released version of NVDA not alpha. Get a update notice to update the addon update addon. If I say ok to update I get a message that the addon is not compatible with my version of NVDA. Get this addon update notice every time I start NVDA.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes and if like me you downloaded the add ons and installed them then the ability to use add on updateer is no longer available. This seems to be happening for any version of nvda prior to the last two. Some machines still use the older version though, and I suspect this is where things are going wrong as manually downloading the other addons seems to work OK.
I suspect that the original idea was to stop the latter updaters updating but at some point we updated it manually and broke the cunning plan!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-