Finding the comment's section on a YouTube video

Hello folks,
Does anyone know how one can find, perhaps more easily than I've been doing, the comments' section on a YouTube video?
It seems like a bit of a random thing when and where it will appear the way I've doing to reach out it. Using NVDA, I've had to press N much more times than I actually would like to do just to reach the video's description and sometimes it'll be just after the description, sometimes it won't because it simply doesn't appear on any place at all.
So does anyone have any suggestion about it?

P.S.: If it's an offtopic, let me apologize. Just thought, since it has something to do with NVDA, well...

Thanks in advance :)

Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Ian Blackburn

I find the comments hard to find as well
I haven’t tried the YouTube app
And different browsers display the content differently
And different operating systems as well
Regards Ian

On 2 Feb 2019, at 8:07 am, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:

Hello folks,
Does anyone know how one can find, perhaps more easily than I've been doing, the comments' section on a YouTube video?
It seems like a bit of a random thing when and where it will appear the way I've doing to reach out it. Using NVDA, I've had to press N much more times than I actually would like to do just to reach the video's description and sometimes it'll be just after the description, sometimes it won't because it simply doesn't appear on any place at all.
So does anyone have any suggestion about it?

P.S.: If it's an offtopic, let me apologize. Just thought, since it has something to do with NVDA, well...

Thanks in advance :)

Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Actually, using the app it's way easier. However, as I'm most of the time using my computer, the app isn't something that I use that often, not really.
Oh yep, I forgot to mention. Using Windows 10 (if it does matter at all) and Firefox :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 01/02/2019 22:12, Ian Blackburn escreveu:

[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi

Have you tried the following for viewing youtube?  It’s an interface to YouTube designed for visually impaired and it doesn’t have the ads.  You get a search box for your keywords, a combo boxc where you select the number of results per page, another combo box where you select the media you are searching for e.g videos, and a search button.  Use the h key to scroll through the results, press tab to move focus to the one you want to play and press enter.  Another window opens for the specific video, switch to browse mode then use the h key to navigate to “Video Information” where you will find details of the video or use the b key to move to the control buttons.

http://www.povidi.com/YourTube/

Cheers

Chris

Does anyone know how one can find, perhaps more easily than I've been doing, the comments' section on a YouTube video?
It seems like a bit of a random thing when and where it will appear the way I've doing to reach out it. Using NVDA, I've had to press N much more times than I actually would like to do just to reach the video's description and sometimes it'll be just after the description, sometimes it won't because it simply doesn't appear on any place at all.
So does anyone have any suggestion about it?

P.S.: If it's an offtopic, let me apologize. Just thought, since it has something to do with NVDA, well...

Thanks in advance :)

Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Tony Malykh

It seems like the comments section is hidden by default, and it is only loaded when you scroll the page to a certain place.

Try this way:

1. Search for "show more" button using NVDA+Control+F.

2. Wait there for a second or two - the comments section is loading.

3. Press down arrow.You will be on Comments heading. Works reliably for me in Chrome.

--Tony

On 2/1/2019 4:07 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello folks,
Does anyone know how one can find, perhaps more easily than I've been doing, the comments' section on a YouTube video?
It seems like a bit of a random thing when and where it will appear the way I've doing to reach out it. Using NVDA, I've had to press N much more times than I actually would like to do just to reach the video's description and sometimes it'll be just after the description, sometimes it won't because it simply doesn't appear on any place at all.
So does anyone have any suggestion about it?

P.S.: If it's an offtopic, let me apologize. Just thought, since it has something to do with NVDA, well...

Thanks in advance :)

Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Thanks, I'll try it :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 02/02/2019 18:55, Tony Malykh escreveu:

[...]

Hi,
I've never tried it but surely will do right now.
Thanks :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 02/02/2019 09:56, Chris Mullins escreveu:

[...]

Man it worked like a charm! I'm, to say the least, surprised that I never have thought about trying this.
Many many thanks for the tip!
Btw, I'm using Firefox, so if there's someone with the same problem and using the same browser, just try this because it really works.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 02/02/2019 19:25, Marcio escreveu:

[...]

Felix G.

Hi,
I've been looking for a good way to do this for months. Thanks a lot
for pointing it out!
Best,
Felix

Am Sa., 2. Feb. 2019 um 22:39 Uhr schrieb marcio via Groups.Io
<marcinhorj21@...>:

[...]

AKH AKH

The same from me - a great help, thanks.

Andrew