object navigation

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 02:54 AM 2/6/2019, Gene wrote:
You aren't using the correct object navigation and screen review
commands. You use insert numpad and certain keys on the numpad to
move from object to object and you use certain numpad keys by
themselves to read information in the object where you are located.
That's actually quite helpful. I've already applied these principles and have actually gotten some objects.

There is at least one tutorial which I see no one has given
information for yet and you can get information about the commands by
looking in the NVDA manual or the quick reference keys document. Do
you know how to get to these documents?
If no one sends information about the tutorial, I'll see if I can find it.

I do not own these documents, unless they come with the NVDA installation. But I would definitely appreciate them.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Jacob Kruger

NVDA key + letter N, arrow down to help, and, there are two items that
might be suitable - commands quick reference, and, user guide - in both
of those pages that will come up, you can jumpt down to relevant
headings, or just browse the content, etc. etc..

HTH

Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

At 04:15 AM 2/6/2019, Jacob Kruger wrote:
NVDA key + letter N, arrow down to help, and, there are two items that
might be suitable - commands quick reference, and, user guide - in both
of those pages that will come up, you can jumpt down to relevant
headings, or just browse the content, etc. etc..
Thanks a lot for simplifying this process. I now have some reading to do.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@verizon.net

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.
In the NVDA help menu, there is a commands quick reference guide. To get to
the NVDA help menu press NVDA plus N to activate the NVDA menu. Press the
letter H to activate the help menu. I think the quick reference guide is
the second option. The user guide is the first option you will see.

>You aren't using the correct object navigation and screen review
commands. You use insert numpad and certain keys on the numpad to >move
from object to object and you use certain numpad keys by >themselves to
read information in the object where you are located.

That's actually quite helpful. I've already applied these principles and
have actually gotten some objects.

>>There is at least one tutorial which I see no one has given >information
for yet and you can get information about the commands by >looking in the
NVDA manual or the quick reference keys document. Do >you know how to get
to these documents?
>If no one sends information about the tutorial, I'll see if I can find it.

I do not own these documents, unless they come with the NVDA installation.
But I would definitely appreciate them.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Gene

I see others have told you how to find these documents.  They are actually html documents available in NVDA.  If you want to get to them more conveniently or read them with another screen-reader you are more familiar with or like the speech better with until you investigate other synthesizers you might want to use with NVDA, you can bookmark the pages just as you would any Internet Page.

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 2:58 AM