video editting

AKH AKH

Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA?  Has anyone tried any
applications?  AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

I've found an old Movie Maker file and so, I'm using Movie Maker again.

Only problem now is that I also have to convert some of my video files
with Handbrake which sometimes also doesn't help much.

I to am wondering if there's any video editor that would work with NVDA?

Microsoft aren't really helping either.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

AKH AKH

Hi Chantelle

We will have to ask the NVDA developers.  I'm even prepared to pay to
get a video editor made!

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 14:55, Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi.

I've found an old Movie Maker file and so, I'm using Movie Maker again.

Only problem now is that I also have to convert some of my video files
with Handbrake which sometimes also doesn't help much.

I to am wondering if there's any video editor that would work with NVDA?

Microsoft aren't really helping either.

Chantelle

On 2/6/19, AKH AKH <tvz@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA?  Has anyone tried any
applications?  AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

Chantelle Buys

Hi Andrew.

Well, I'm a YouTuber and since Microsoft took Movie Maker out, I've
been left hanging.

I to am looking for someone to create an addon or something to use
with Plotagon which is a fun program to play with. A program that
brings your thoughts to life.

Do you have a Movie Maker file?

[...]

Very interesting.  I don't have a Movie Maker file.  I use AVS and get
someone else to edit for me.  I wish I could do it myself.  I love
editing audio on Goldwave.  I'm a new Youtuber, if it's not Off Topic,
what's your channel?

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 15:10, Chantelle Buys wrote:
[...]

Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@...>

You can actually download Windows movie maker for free from the Internet. You can do a Google search and you will get the correct link from where you could download.
Cheers,
Manoj

http://www.swar-ras.com

On Feb 6, 2019, at 10:10 AM, Chantelle Buys <cbuys6@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

My channel is at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzDN2rSkVPXSPtbLavhglmQ?view_as=subscriber

Tell you what. I'll get that link where I've gotten my movie maker and
send it to you here. Will that help?

Chantelle

On 2/6/19, Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Here we go.

http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http:/wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe

Your computer might say that it's not downloading or something but, if
you are using Google Chrome, you can just check on the download page
on its progress.

When installing, just uncheck all the other things like messenger and
everything else and leave movie maker checked.

Hope it helps?

Chantelle

On 2/6/19, Chantelle Buys <cbuys6@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi Manoj

Great suggestion.  I've just got the Windows Editor - do you know how I
actually play the file I have just imported in to my first project?  I
note that space bar should play, but it says not available.

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 15:43, Manoj Govindraj wrote:
[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

AKH AKH

Hi Chantelle

Yes please, very helpful.

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 15:57, Chantelle Buys wrote:
[...]

Do you have Skype?

Movie Maker's easy to use, you have to move to the timeline to play the video.

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I use reaper. My video edits are not clean, but they work.

Take care

On 6 Feb 2019, at 6:51, AKH AKH wrote:

Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA?  Has anyone tried any
applications?  AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

I've tried reaper. but, either I'm doing something wrong or I don't
have everything installed?

Chantelle

I use reaper. My video edits are not clean, but they work.

Take care

On 6 Feb 2019, at 6:51, AKH AKH wrote:

Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA?  Has anyone tried any
applications?  AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

--
Never give up, at any cost.

AKH AKH

Hi Chantelle

No, I don't use skyp.  Thanks for the tips about downloading the Movie
Maker.  All kinds of text came on screen, during the download.  I
ignored it and eventually I got the software.  I haven't had a chance to
try it out yet.  Also, I've downloaded the Windows Movie Maker - I
wonder if it is the same as yours?  Did you see the message on this NVDA
thread where someone called manjo, mentioned it today?

How do I get to the timeline, please?

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 16:19, Chantelle Buys wrote:
[...]

Hope you found my channel as well.

No, I didn't see that post.

Well, I use tab until I here timeline.

Also, Movie Maker uses ribban tabs. To get to them just press ault.

I navigate them with my arrow keys. Left and right and when I found
the tab I want, I would press down. Then lets say when you get to
animations, you have to press space to get more.

[...]

Thank you.  Oh yes, I am enjoying your channel, I guess that Hula is
your dog?  I also subscribed, so I look forward to more.  I will go and
have a good play with moviemaker now.

Andrew

On 06/02/2019 19:00, Chantelle Buys wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That no doubt is due to the stereotypical 'if your blind how can you use video' old chestnut.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I've found an old Movie Maker file and so, I'm using Movie Maker again.

Only problem now is that I also have to convert some of my video files
with Handbrake which sometimes also doesn't help much.

I to am wondering if there's any video editor that would work with NVDA?

Microsoft aren't really helping either.

Chantelle

On 2/6/19, AKH AKH <tvz@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA? Has anyone tried any
applications? AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I don't know how well it works on windows, (I've never tried the windows version), but quicktime was an excellent video editing program on the mac.  Whether that translates to the windows side of things, I don't know, though I do seem to recall that qt wasn't accessible on windows, because of the libraries used to make it windows capable, but I could be wrong on that.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you have the accessibility plug in?
Now I know it works, but even in audio I could not get on with it, but its very powerful with the plug in Jamie wrote for it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I've tried reaper. but, either I'm doing something wrong or I don't
have everything installed?

Chantelle

I use reaper. My video edits are not clean, but they work.

Take care

On 6 Feb 2019, at 6:51, AKH AKH wrote:

Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA? Has anyone tried any
applications? AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Quentin Christensen

It depends on exactly what kind of editing you want to do.  If you just want to do simply cutting out of sections you messed up, Machete works well: http://www.machetesoft.com/

There is a free "lite" version, or a paid version (with demo) which has a few extra features such as customising keystrokes).

All the functions (or at least all those I've used) have keystrokes.  I just went looking and although they don't have a handy list of default keystrokes, you can access most features from the menu, and the keystroke for each command is listed with it.

Avidemux is another one I have found with lots of keystrokes.  This one is free: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/  Again they don't have a list of keystrokes but again you can access features from the menu which lists the keystrokes.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:51 AM AKH AKH <tvz@...> wrote:
Is it even possible to edit a video with NVDA?  Has anyone tried any
applications?  AVS Video Editor does not work.

Andrew

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager