Can't move between cells in Excel

James Scholes

Hi all,

Using latest alpha build of NVDA, Excel 2010, Win 7 Pro. I can't move between the cells of an Excel sheet using the arrow keys. When I use up, down, left and right, the value of the currently-focused cell is just read out again and the focus doesn't move.

I remember having this issue before, but can't remember how it was fixed. I've tried NVDA without add-ons and with default settings, didn't make a difference. Nor did running the COM registration fixing tool.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Regards,

James Scholes
https://twitter.com/JamesScholes

Tyler Spivey

Try scroll lock?

On 2/7/2019 2:07 PM, James Scholes wrote:
Hi all,
Using latest alpha build of NVDA, Excel 2010, Win 7 Pro.  I can't move between the cells of an Excel sheet using the arrow keys.  When I use up, down, left and right, the value of the currently-focused cell is just read out again and the focus doesn't move.
I remember having this issue before, but can't remember how it was fixed.  I've tried NVDA without add-ons and with default settings, didn't make a difference.  Nor did running the COM registration fixing tool.
Any suggestions greatfully received.
Regards,
James Scholes
https://twitter.com/JamesScholes

Adriani Botez

Is the sheet protected?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 07.02.2019 um 23:07 schrieb James Scholes <james@...>:

Hi all,

Using latest alpha build of NVDA, Excel 2010, Win 7 Pro. I can't move between the cells of an Excel sheet using the arrow keys. When I use up, down, left and right, the value of the currently-focused cell is just read out again and the focus doesn't move.

I remember having this issue before, but can't remember how it was fixed. I've tried NVDA without add-ons and with default settings, didn't make a difference. Nor did running the COM registration fixing tool.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Regards,

James Scholes
https://twitter.com/JamesScholes

James Scholes

Tyler Spivey wrote:
Try scroll lock?
Worked, thanks.

Regards,

James Scholes
https://twitter.com/JamesScholes

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

I had exactly that same problem a few days ago.  It went away by itself when I rebooted windows and excel or maybe when I restarted NVDA.  But I'm using an older version of excel; from office 2003.