Topics

List Moderation #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

This is a note that Gene is no longer a moderator on this list. I would like to thank Gene for his service to this list and its members over the past year.

I have reached out to those of you who expressed interest in serving as part of the moderation team. However, if you are interested, please send me an e-mail at nimerjaber1@... and I will be making my final decision as to new moderatons by the end of the week.

Thanks.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I did not know there was a vacancy till now, No thanks, I'm too verbose already and with my problem of mail coming in out of sequence it makes thing difficult to tell if you have the whole thread.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I'm also not going to apply even though some might want me to. I'm going through some heal stuff, and my heal comes first. Who ever is chosen, will be better than me anyway, I hope.

Good luck to all.

On 12 Feb 2019, at 11:25, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I did not know there was a vacancy till now, No thanks, I'm too verbose already and with my problem of mail coming in out of sequence it makes thing difficult to tell if you have the whole thread.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@...>
[...]

molly the blind tech lover

Hey, if we get new moderators does this mean we can’t joke around lol.

[...]

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Probably, 😣

molly the blind tech lover

Hahahaha lol.

[...]

So what I’m gathering is that we should be professional, right? I understand.

My apologies for all the times I went off topic.

[...]

My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

Nimer Jaber

No!! No joking allowed!! This is your big bad owner, and no joking I tell you, no joking allowed!!

Seriously, I generally run a pretty loose ship, and believe that many things sort themselves out, that everyone is an adult, and until they prove me otherwise, I assume that the more hands-off I am, the better unless something comes up that requires me to step in. My job, as I see it, is to serve you and the community. I will be looking for a moderator with the same mindset, and joking will certainly not be disallowed.

As for off-topic messages, I have always said that off-topic messages, in a small quantity, are helpful to lists and list members, but if threads go on for days, or if a member continually posts off-topic messages, that at some point has to end for the sanity of the thousand members we have on this list.

Thanks as always for each of your contributions to jokes!

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Chris Shook <chris0309@...> wrote:
My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

molly the blind tech lover

Understood lol.

[...]

Lol, the first line in your message! For a moment I was believing you were talking serious. Scared and made me laugh a lot after the reality came up.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 22:04, Nimer Jaber escreveu:

[...]

You run a lose ship? Watch out for icebergs.

molly the blind tech lover

So I wasn’t the only one who was scared lol. I laughed too 😀

[...]

Jackie

Nimer's cool, yall. Not on a power trip or anything like that.

Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>

<mailto:chris0309@...> > wrote:

My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

--

Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Sarah k Alawami

If I were running the list you all would hate me.

1 don't stay off topic, ever.
2 no flaming.
3. If you do stray or flame you will be giving 3 strikes and you will be kicked out for good.

That's how I run all of my lists and trust me, it works.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2019, at 14:33, Chris Shook wrote:

My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

Sarah k Alawami

I also can be a bit loose in terms of moderation as well, except for the three hard and fast rules I posted. But normally people forget I'm mod until I step i. This from a 500 member list that has come with me for 15 years or somethingn like that.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2019, at 16:23, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Okay everyone, let's please wrap up this thread now.

Thanks.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019, 18:55 Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... wrote:

If I were running the list you all would hate me.

1 don't stay off topic, ever.
2 no flaming.
3. If you do stray or flame you will be giving 3 strikes and you will be kicked out for good.

That's how I run all of my lists and trust me, it works.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2019, at 14:33, Chris Shook wrote:

My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

Gene

It isn't a question of whether it works.  A group like NVDA users benefits from a sense of community.  Being on a list and never discussing anything else except for questions and answers regarding NVDA doesn't build any community support nor any sense of anyone on the list being anything but a complete stranger.  There may be some lists where strict limits as to staying on topic are desirable, not this one.  Flames shouldn't be allowed.  I'm just commenting on the benefits, that may not be obvious, to allowing other topics to be discussed to an extent.  I'm not speaking for the owner.  Those are my views and I think not being overly strict benefits the community of members.

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:55 PM

If I were running the list you all would hate me.

1 don't stay off topic, ever.
2 no flaming.
3. If you do stray or flame you will be giving 3 strikes and you will be kicked out for good.

That's how I run all of my lists and trust me, it works.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2019, at 14:33, Chris Shook wrote:

My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

molly the blind tech lover

I don’t think we’d hate you.