Topics

why i love NVDA

molly the blind tech lover

Hey guys, Molly here.

In light of the recent arguments on this list, I feel the need to write something positive.

When I think about NVDA I like to think of how it has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Before I started using NVDA I was locked out of all kinds of opportunities. I couldn’t imagine being able to get a job or go to college.  I wanted to do something with my life. So when I got a computer and discovered NVDA my life changed for the better. Because NVDA I now have access to an education. I can make friends on facebook, and use twitter. I can read the news and do just about anything on a computer my sighted friends can do. NVDA opens so many doors for millions of people.I feel so proud to be an NVDA user  😊 I now see a future filled with wonderfulpossibilities.  

I can never express enough to the NVDA developers and contributors how much NVDA has enriched my life. 😂

Thank you guys so so much.

Molly

Chris

Well said Molly, 😃

Sent: 12 February 2019 15:43
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] why i love NVDA

Hey guys, Molly here.

In light of the recent arguments on this list, I feel the need to write something positive.

When I think about NVDA I like to think of how it has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Before I started using NVDA I was locked out of all kinds of opportunities. I couldn’t imagine being able to get a job or go to college.  I wanted to do something with my life. So when I got a computer and discovered NVDA my life changed for the better. Because NVDA I now have access to an education. I can make friends on facebook, and use twitter. I can read the news and do just about anything on a computer my sighted friends can do. NVDA opens so many doors for millions of people.I feel so proud to be an NVDA user  😊 I now see a future filled with wonderfulpossibilities.  

I can never express enough to the NVDA developers and contributors how much NVDA has enriched my life. 😂

Molly

Thanks  😊

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] why i love NVDA

Well said Molly, 😃

Sent: 12 February 2019 15:43

Hey guys, Molly here.

Molly

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Actually I've not noticed anything I'd call an argument on here for some time, passionate discussions certainly, but I come from the world of Usenet where flame wars abound and trolls play all day, so I don my fireproof suit and hit next.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:43 PM

Hey guys, Molly here.

When I think about NVDA I like to think of how it has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Before I started using NVDA I was locked out of all kinds of opportunities. I couldn’t imagine being able to get a job or go to college. I wanted to do something with my life. So when I got a computer and discovered NVDA my life changed for the better. Because NVDA I now have access to an education. I can make friends on facebook, and use twitter. I can read the news and do just about anything on a computer my sighted friends can do. NVDA opens so many doors for millions of people.I feel so proud to be an NVDA user 😊 I now see a future filled with wonderfulpossibilities.

Molly

Um... Don't worry about it. It was nothing really... But let's talk about NVDA 😊

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:29 PM

Actually I've not noticed anything I'd call an argument on here for some time, passionate discussions certainly, but I come from the world of Usenet where flame wars abound and trolls play all day, so I don my fireproof suit and hit next.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:43 PM

Hey guys, Molly here.

In light of the recent arguments on this list, I feel the need to write
something positive.

When I think about NVDA I like to think of how it has opened my eyes to a
whole new world. Before I started using NVDA I was locked out of all kinds
of opportunities. I couldn’t imagine being able to get a job or go to
college. I wanted to do something with my life. So when I got a computer
and discovered NVDA my life changed for the better. Because NVDA I now have
access to an education. I can make friends on facebook, and use twitter. I
can read the news and do just about anything on a computer my sighted
friends can do. NVDA opens so many doors for millions of people.I feel so
proud to be an NVDA user 😊 I now see a future filled with
wonderfulpossibilities.

I can never express enough to the NVDA developers and contributors how much
NVDA has enriched my life. 😂

Molly

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

I'm just glad they made NVDA work with the Kindle app a few years back. Before I got my iPad that was the only way I could read Kindle books.

NVDA works well with blackboard on my school's website. Blackboard's
accessibility has gotten better so it's easier to use a screen reader.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Shook
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:38 PM

I'm just glad they made NVDA work with the Kindle app a few years back.
Before I got my iPad that was the only way I could read Kindle books.

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

We used blackboard at my college. I think I still have the link somewhere. The accessibility has definitely gotten better over the years.

I. love. NVDA. I've said that like 50 times today lol.

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:10 PM

We used blackboard at my college. I think I still have the link somewhere.
The accessibility has definitely gotten better over the years.

Blackboard6 was that I used at university the only thing that didn't work was some of the assignment submition and review stuff.

Then it went through a patch where accessibility was poor.

Now there a few more new laws and rules, and while people still make inaccessible stuff, it seems to be good if people at least the big companies try at least.

And a lot of tools have abilities to make things accessibil and even encourage it.

On 13/02/2019 9:10 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
We used blackboard at my college. I think I still have the link somewhere. The accessibility has definitely gotten better over the years.

Agreed. If it weren't for NVDA... Well I don't know where I'd be.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:48 PM

Blackboard6 was that I used at university the only thing that didn't work was some of the assignment submition and review stuff.

Then it went through a patch where accessibility was poor.

Now there a few more new laws and rules, and while people still make inaccessible stuff, it seems to be good if people at least the big companies try at least.

And a lot of tools have abilities to make things accessibil and even encourage it.

On 13/02/2019 9:10 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
We used blackboard at my college. I think I still have the link
somewhere. The accessibility has definitely gotten better over the years.

Claire Potter <claire.potter99@...>

Well the reason why I love NVDA is because it has a cocmunity feel to it. Places like this list where you have the opportunity to talk to people behind the prroject and support each other, and you can get information directly from addon developpers puts other more expensive screen readers to shame, I am so proud to be able to spread the word about NVDA and break the misconception that just because something is free doesn't make it bad, in fact, it is putting technology into the hands of more people, especially those who would otherwise struggle to get access to it.

Claire Potter
Potter's place, where technology comes to life!
www.pottersplace.me.uk
NVDA Certified Expert 2019. 

On 12 Feb 2019, at 19:46, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Totally agree  😊

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claire Potter
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:39 PM

Well the reason why I love NVDA is because it has a cocmunity feel to it. Places like this list where you have the opportunity to talk to people behind the prroject and support each other, and you can get information directly from addon developpers puts other more expensive screen readers to shame, I am so proud to be able to spread the word about NVDA and break the misconception that just because something is free doesn't make it bad, in fact, it is putting technology into the hands of more people, especially those who would otherwise struggle to get access to it.

Claire Potter
Potter's place, where technology comes to life!
www.pottersplace.me.uk
NVDA Certified Expert 2019. 

On 12 Feb 2019, at 19:46, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Molly, and everyone!

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 2:43 AM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here.

When I think about NVDA I like to think of how it has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Before I started using NVDA I was locked out of all kinds of opportunities. I couldn’t imagine being able to get a job or go to college.  I wanted to do something with my life. So when I got a computer and discovered NVDA my life changed for the better. Because NVDA I now have access to an education. I can make friends on facebook, and use twitter. I can read the news and do just about anything on a computer my sighted friends can do. NVDA opens so many doors for millions of people.I feel so proud to be an NVDA user  😊 I now see a future filled with wonderfulpossibilities.  

Molly

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess