row and column titles

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

NVDA+shift+r or c works fine if I only need a single column title. It does not work if I choose multiple columns. When I press that key command after selecting two or more columns it types the letter  r or c.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Quentin Christensen

Normally you place the focus in the leftmost column you want row titles and press NVDA+control+c to set column headers (or topmost row with headers and press NVDA+control+r).

NVDA automatically treats any column to the right of that as having headers.  Doing it this way makes it a little tricker to understand but more flexible - if you have a table with several sets of column headers in different places in different rows for instance. (Or row headers in different columns etc).

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Adriani Botez

I understand the request for defining headers for a cell range at once. I agree that in simple tables you Need only one cell for Header but in complex tables this is not usual. See issue #5401 on Github for use cases.

Best
Adriani