is there a way to label unlabeled buttons using NVDA?

molly the blind tech lover

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

Molly

I'm not aware of such a feature in NVDA.
It would be pretty good, though. Someone may have already done the request regarding it, so let's hope this is an option coming soon ;)
Just out of curiosity, what's the program/app name?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 13:21, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

Molly

molly the blind tech lover

It would be awesome 😀

The app is called delight games. I downloaded it from  the windows app store.

I'm not aware of such a feature in NVDA.
It would be pretty good, though. Someone may have already done the request regarding it, so let's hope this is an option coming soon ;)

Just out of curiosity, what's the program/app name?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 13:21, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

Molly

I've never downloaded anything from there. Actually I don't know how to deal with these apps and never found something/someone that could teach me it, so..
Hey, would you mind it if I write you off-list?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 13:47, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

[...]

Peter Beasley

We used to have that feature in windoeyes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm not aware of such a feature in NVDA.
It would be pretty good, though. Someone may have already done the request regarding it, so let's hope this is an option coming soon ;)

Just out of curiosity, what's the program/app name?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 13:21, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys, molly here again.

Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks.

Molly

Really? Wondering why they didn't bring it to NVDA. As far as I know Windows eyes is way way older than any other screen reader.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 13:52, Peter Beasley escreveu:

[...]

You can write me off list 😊

[...]

Is it available in Jaws?

[...]

Rui Fontes

Yes, it is, but I suppose it will not work because the buttons don't have a Control ID unique...
all have 0 as ControlID...

Rui Fontes

Is it available in Jaws?
Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Em 14/02/2019 13:21, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:
Hey guys, molly here again.
Is there a way to label unlabeled buttons with NVDA? I downloaded an
app and when I swipe using the touchscreen or navigate with the
keyboard NVDA just says button, button.the app is a collection of
text adventure games.  and while the game’s are accessible, the
titles of the games in the games library  aren’t labeled.
Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊
Thanks.
Molly

molly the blind tech lover

Good to know 😊

We used to have that feature in windoeyes.

Windows 10

[...]

Mallard <mallard@...>

I'm afraid they haven't broght it to NVDA. I wonder why though.

I know it was there in Jaws, and I suppose it still is, though I haven't seen a Jaws version afer 2009.

We ahve it in Android, with both Sunshine and TalkBack.

Pity there isn't even an add-on that does that in NVDA!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 14/02/2019 16:39, marcio via Groups.Io ha scritto:
[...]

Maybe they will 😀

[...]

And it wouldn't that hard to do, based on the Golden Cursor add-on, for example.
It'd be just a matter of adjusting things properly.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 14/02/2019 14:33, Mallard escreveu:

[...]

Chris Shook

I don't think it can.
I haven't seen anything with the tutorian that would allow it to do that.
There was an old screen reader called System Access that had this feature, but they stopped making any advancements with it a few years ago. Now they're just maintaining it, so would not recommend buying it.

molly the blind tech lover

I used the ocr feature in NVDA. It read the control 😀

I haven't seen anything with the tutorian that would allow it to do that.
There was an old screen reader called System Access that had this feature, but they stopped making any advancements with it a few years ago. Now they're just maintaining it, so would not recommend buying it.

Chris Shook

That's good.

how do you activate the control using the ocr feature?

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

molly the blind tech lover

NVDA plus R. 😊

how do you activate the control using the ocr feature?

On 2/14/2019 11:21 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I used the ocr feature in NVDA. It read the control ho

I haven't seen anything with the tutorian that would allow it to do that.
There was an old screen reader called System Access that had this feature, but they stopped making any advancements with it a few years ago. Now they're just maintaining it, so would not recommend buying it.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account

There was a way to do it in Supernova as well, but really you needed to have sighted help to do it.
It also only persisted on the machine it was on. Ideally it would be great if such a function meant you could exchange scripts with other users so only one person needed to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I wonder if the placeholder add on might be able to help with that one?