From: "Ján Kulik" <@janulik2222>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] ITunes and NVDA

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Thank you for your answers.
Greetings from Slovakia

Chris

You need to set iTunes to column browser mode so your music shows up in a list rather than with icons

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Thank you for your answers.

Greetings from Slovakia

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I don't know what you mean by offers, but I do use itunes occasionally, though I really don't like it much, so it's generally reserved for those times I need to backup my iPhone, otherwise, I use amazon, spotify, serius xm, or my own version of an mp3 player I wrote depending on what I'm doing. backing up the Iphone is about the only thing I use Itunes for these days, even though it insists on importing all my music, which irks me to no end, I just can't find the music I want to listen to when using Itunes, because it's interface has changed too much from when I used it on the mac, and had no issues with it. I don't like the latest versions of Itunes for that reason, it's impossible to find anything.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, Ján Kulik wrote:

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA
just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version
information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Thank you for your answers.
Greetings from Slovakia

molly the blind tech lover

I tried using iTunes with NVDA and I had trouble navigating it. I found it confusing.

[...]

Brad Snyder

iTunes is confusing no matter what screen reader you are using.
I use iTunes on a Mac with VoiceOver, and it is just as big a mess there as on Windows with either NVDA or JAWS.
That’s just how it is.

- Brad -

On Feb 15, 2019, at 09:28, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

[...]

Maybe I won’t use iTunes after all. Lol.

[...]

You can use iTunes with a screen reader, it just takes some getting use to.  Once you get the hang of it, it is very workable.

- Brad -

On Feb 15, 2019, at 15:10, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Yes, I use it currently. I have the latest version of iTunes. I recently had to open the view menu to turn on “show status bar” to get back to the look I was familiar with.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10