Topics

ITunes and NVDA

Ján Kulik

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Thank you for your answers.
Greetings from Slovakia

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I need to use Itunes now as well, to enable me to do an Iphone back up. Its interface seems to be like the Apply Iphone one, ie nothing like Windows standard, and the problem is that you do not know what you do not know so if there aare bits nvda cannot read, how can one know?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] ITunes and NVDA

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Greetings from Slovakia

Chris

You need to set iTunes to column browser mode so your music shows up in a list rather than with icons

Sent: 15 February 2019 08:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Greetings from Slovakia

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I don't know what you mean by offers, but I do use itunes occasionally, though I really don't like it much, so it's generally reserved for those times I need to backup my iPhone, otherwise, I use amazon, spotify, serius xm, or my own version of an mp3 player I wrote depending on what I'm doing. backing up the Iphone is about the only thing I use Itunes for these days, even though it insists on importing all my music, which irks me to no end, I just can't find the music I want to listen to when using Itunes, because it's interface has changed too much from when I used it on the mac, and had no issues with it. I don't like the latest versions of Itunes for that reason, it's impossible to find anything.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, Ján Kulik wrote:

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA
just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version
information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Greetings from Slovakia

molly the blind tech lover

I tried using iTunes with NVDA and I had trouble navigating it. I found it confusing.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ITunes and NVDA

I don't know what you mean by offers, but I do use itunes occasionally, though I really don't like it much, so it's generally reserved for those times I need to backup my iPhone, otherwise, I use amazon, spotify, serius xm, or my own version of an mp3 player I wrote depending on what I'm doing. backing up the Iphone is about the only thing I use Itunes for these days, even though it insists on importing all my music, which irks me to no end, I just can't find the music I want to listen to when using Itunes, because it's interface has changed too much from when I used it on the mac, and had no issues with it. I don't like the latest versions of Itunes for that reason, it's impossible to find anything.

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader?
NVDA just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes
version information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Greetings from Slovakia

Brad Snyder

iTunes is confusing no matter what screen reader you are using.
I use iTunes on a Mac with VoiceOver, and it is just as big a mess there as on Windows with either NVDA or JAWS.
That’s just how it is.

- Brad -

On Feb 15, 2019, at 09:28, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

I tried using iTunes  with NVDA and I had trouble navigating it. I found it confusing.

I don't know what you mean by offers, but I do use itunes occasionally, though I really don't like it much, so it's generally reserved for those times I need to backup my iPhone, otherwise, I use amazon, spotify, serius xm, or my own version of an mp3 player I wrote depending on what I'm doing.  backing up the Iphone is about the only thing I use Itunes for these days, even though it insists on importing all my music, which irks me to no end, I just can't find the music I want to listen to when using Itunes, because it's interface has changed too much from when I used it on the mac, and had no issues with it.  I don't like the latest versions of Itunes for that reason, it's impossible to find anything.

Greetings from Slovakia

molly the blind tech lover

Maybe I won’t use iTunes after all. Lol.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brad Snyder
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 10:44 AM

I use iTunes on a Mac with VoiceOver, and it is just as big a mess there as on Windows with either NVDA or JAWS.

That’s just how it is.

- Brad -

On Feb 15, 2019, at 09:28, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

I tried using iTunes  with NVDA and I had trouble navigating it. I found it confusing.

I don't know what you mean by offers, but I do use itunes occasionally, though I really don't like it much, so it's generally reserved for those times I need to backup my iPhone, otherwise, I use amazon, spotify, serius xm, or my own version of an mp3 player I wrote depending on what I'm doing.  backing up the Iphone is about the only thing I use Itunes for these days, even though it insists on importing all my music, which irks me to no end, I just can't find the music I want to listen to when using Itunes, because it's interface has changed too much from when I used it on the mac, and had no issues with it.  I don't like the latest versions of Itunes for that reason, it's impossible to find anything.

Greetings from Slovakia

Brad Snyder

You can use iTunes with a screen reader, it just takes some getting use to.  Once you get the hang of it, it is very workable.

- Brad -

On Feb 15, 2019, at 15:10, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Maybe I won’t use iTunes after all. Lol.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brad Snyder
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 10:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ITunes and NVDA

That’s just how it is.

- Brad -

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Greetings from Slovakia

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Yes, I use it currently. I have the latest version of iTunes. I recently had to open the view menu to turn on “show status bar” to get back to the look I was familiar with. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 1:54 AM

Greetings from Slovakia

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Brian, after connecting your phone to your pc and turning on iTunes press f6 until you hear ‘search’.  Then tab until you hear iPhone and press the space bar to check it.

Now tab to the backup section. You can decide where you wish your backup to take place. iCloud or pc.  You can do an encrypted backup which will also save your passwords.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 2:16 AM

I need to use Itunes now as well, to enable me to do an Iphone back up. Its

interface seems to be like the Apply Iphone one, ie nothing like Windows

standard, and the problem is that you do not know what you do not know so if

there aare bits  nvda cannot read, how can one know?

Brian

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:54 AM

Hi all, does anyone use your iTunes on a computer with an NVDA reader? NVDA

just does not announce any offers after the ALTm slider or iTunes version

information. Unfortunately, I recently installed it.

Greetings from Slovakia