two questions on Windows10: notifications and skype

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
Does NVDA read incoming notifications on your Windows10?
On my pc it worked a while, but in the last 2 months it stopped. Perhaps some windows update?
Same problem on skype, where the dedicated hotkeys don't work anymore.
Do you confirm this issues?

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Simone,

In NVDA menu, if you go to settings, object presentation, is report notifications and report tooltips checked?

For Skype, what does not work?

Best

Sylvie

Le 19/02/2019 à 09:33, Simone Dal Maso a écrit :

Hello,
Does NVDA read incoming notifications on your Windows10?
On my pc it worked a while, but in the last 2 months it stopped. Perhaps some windows update?
Same problem on skype, where the dedicated hotkeys don't work anymore.
Do you confirm this issues?

Simone Dal Maso

Oh my God,
The report notification was disabled!
I have no words...
What a silly mistake... thank you very much!

Il 19/02/2019 09:40, Sylvie Duchateau ha scritto:
Hello Simone,
In NVDA menu, if you go to settings, object presentation, is report notifications and report tooltips checked?
For Skype, what does not work?
Best
Sylvie
Le 19/02/2019 à 09:33, Simone Dal Maso a écrit :

Hello,
Does NVDA read incoming notifications on your Windows10?
On my pc it worked a while, but in the last 2 months it stopped. Perhaps some windows update?
Same problem on skype, where the dedicated hotkeys don't work anymore.
Do you confirm this issues?

Sylvie Duchateau

It happened to me for another checkbox, in the same dialog, on reporting text description. I never unchecked this box, but it was unchecked.

A mystery of NVDAs settings...

Sylvie

Le 19/02/2019 à 09:48, Simone Dal Maso a écrit :

Oh my God,
The report notification was disabled!
I have no words...
What a silly mistake... thank you very much!

Il 19/02/2019 09:40, Sylvie Duchateau ha scritto:
Hello Simone,

In NVDA menu, if you go to settings, object presentation, is report notifications and report tooltips checked?

For Skype, what does not work?

Best

Sylvie

Le 19/02/2019 à 09:33, Simone Dal Maso a écrit :

Hello,
Does NVDA read incoming notifications on your Windows10?
On my pc it worked a while, but in the last 2 months it stopped. Perhaps some windows update?
Same problem on skype, where the dedicated hotkeys don't work anymore.
Do you confirm this issues?

Chris

I think in nvda settings > object presentation > report notifications

Is the setting to turn notifications on or off