having problems with re capture demo page

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

I was asked on another list if people are having problems with re capture in this case he sent me a demo page and nvda reports unavailable in all editable sections it reads out the section. also down where you check the check box to say you are not a bot or what ever it is as soon as you check it it takes you to another page where it wants you to try and pass either a text bassed one or a audio one but then gives you a message saying

Part of the message below. He gets this on other websites with capture .

What happens is that I get a message that says we can't process your query because a computer on your network might be sending automated queries. I don't believe anything here is doing that. I've read that one of the ways reCAPTCHA uses to try to tell that we're not a robot is to look at your mouse movements. But of course I'm not using a mouse so it might look like I'm a robot. Maybe some people might agree but let's not go there right now.

Is it on there side and they have broken it? I also tried some other browsers same sort of results with the latest stable version of nvda.

There is a link in the email to the demo page.

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

The browser you're using has multiple Google accounts cookied. You have to visit the Google.com page and logout/remove any extra Google accounts. Then make sure only your main Google account is cookied on that browser.

[...]

Hi Kenny

there is only the one account. But it also seems there are others in the same boat not only nvda users and it seems to be happening on other websites that have it to.

Gene nz

On 20/02/2019 10:52 AM, Kenny wrote:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That seems a bit odd, since many family computers will have multiple accounts, I'd have thought.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

--
Image NVDA certified expert
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the
APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of
their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest
to you please visit
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is
installed on the APNK network please visit the following
linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out
how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following
linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City
Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to
the following links. Software available
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884 How
to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following
link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page
contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around
the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I cannot help but wonder if they have built a text based bot check why don't they abandon the crappy old idea and just use the new one?

If they are looking at mouse movements then its going to surely fail on touch screen devices as well, I'd have thought.
[...]

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884 How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

Buddy Brannan

This is not correct at all.

I have only one Google account, and have been getting this same message, mind you only when selecting “Get an audio challenge”, on both Chrome and Safari. Google have clearly broken something here.

On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:52 PM, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy@brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962

Sarah k Alawami

I just did this 2 days ago when signing up for wwv, (no that is not a mis type) and did not get the issue. using safari, or in this case, used safari. I have seen this before. I was urged to allow pop ups by the tech support guys when I last got this. i did that and it worked. I then turned on my blocker afterwords.

On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:52 PM, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...> wrote:

[...]

I’ve had several reports of this when I mentioned it on Facebook yesterday, so it really isn’t isolated. I have no popup blockers enabled. Regardless, it shouldn’t be happening at all, especially as it only seems to be with the audio CAPTCHA.

On Feb 20, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I'm having the same issue.
However it may well be my adblocker as on the one of the latest messages Sarah said that she had to turn off her adblocker. I've never tried to do it, will try by the way.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 20/02/2019 12:39, Buddy Brannan escreveu:

[...]

Ervin, Glenn

I have the same problem with my cable provider’s account page.

But I have had for some time.

Yet I have been able to use the Google captcha on other pages.

I haven’t tried it for a while.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436

Cell: 402 992 0325

Welcome | NCBVI

Its actually better security wise to have each person with 1 computer and 1 account unless you have some suite like norton and limited accounts for the system and 1 admin account.

I know people and friends that have done this.

Sadly I have had to service computers with teenagers on them with accounts limited and otherwise and they are a lot more work than standard adult users.

More viruses and spyware, and therefore more dammaged data, more reformats,  more cracked software, etc.

I can get the situation where something is screwing up a system because of a hole in it, and not only do the users not know what it is, they don't know why it was there in the first place.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenny" <kwashingtonbox@gmail.com>
[...]

.

Gene

Allowing popups may have helped, I don't know.  Whatever the case, this will happen if you submit too many incorrect entries.  It will happen also for perhaps the reason stated in the below message.  But I do know that if you submit too many incorrect solutions, you won't be able to submit more for a certain amount of time.  So if you can do so at first, and then you can't. trying later will again allow you to do so.  Therefore, if an audio challenge is difficult, you may want to try submitting a solution once and then getting another one rather than trying multiple times with the current one.

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

That's the thing. Sometimes if you do that once you might still get the too many accounts thing, or even if you don't do it at all. Iv'e had both on different sites.

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

So, what we might do? Do you have any workaround for this?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

You can experiment with refreshing the page with f5.  I don't use captchas often enough to have had this problem more than once.  I think what happened was odd.  I think that I filled in the information in the form I had filled in previously, then I looked for the captcha.  As I recall, I didn't find it but when I submitted the form, it was accepted, as though refreshing the page had allowed the correctly solved captcha to be registered.  Those with the problem can try this.

I had correctly solved the captcha the first time before refreshing the page.  I wasn't told that because the response was the possible spam announcement.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

I think I've tried it as well, but no joy. However will try again, let's see what I get :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

If you try, be careful to first fill in and submit the captcha on the first page.  Then refresh the page and see if you can fill in the information again and submit the form without filling out the captcha and submitting it again.  As I recall, I couldn't submit it from the second page because no fields were available to get a audio captcha nor to fill it in nor submit it so I just submitted the forum.  this was unexpected, that there was no way to get a challenge or fill it out so I want to make sure that my recollection of what happened is emphasized.  You may have a different experience, mine being only one tiame with one site.

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:43 AM

[...]

Rui Fontes

Hello Márcio!

To avoid that I have used my smartphone as a HotSpot to access the page from another network, and I could again mark the checkbox to say I am not a robot and no captcha was asked...

Rui Fontes

Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
[...]

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other
blindness related material at
[...]

Hi Rui,
Good tip! I will try this when I  get my smartphone back :)