Topics

2 e-mail acounts

Arlene

Hi list. I know this might not be the place to ask this.  Can I put 2 e-mail accounts on the windows ten mail app?  I tried doing this with NVDA.  It said I did it but nothing happened. I took my laptop to a sighted friends house. But it was no go.  Because her isp is slower then mine the computer just hung.  Thanks and have a good day.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gerardo Corripio

You should have noproblem withsetting up two or more accounts in Windows10 Mail. I’ve my Outlook and my Gmail onhere, working great!

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Arlene
Enviado: domingo, 9 de junio de 2019 04:27 p. m.
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] 2 e-mail acounts

Hi list. I know this might not be the place to ask this.  Can I put 2 e-mail accounts on the windows ten mail app?  I tried doing this with NVDA.  It said I did it but nothing happened. I took my laptop to a sighted friends house. But it was no go.  Because her isp is slower then mine the computer just hung.  Thanks and have a good day.

Arlene

s. I’ll have to cll my isp for help.

Sent: June 9, 2019 3:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2 e-mail acounts

You should have noproblem withsetting up two or more accounts in Windows10 Mail. I’ve my Outlook and my Gmail onhere, working great!

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I agree I have 5 accounts set up

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:35 PM

Arlene

You have 5 accounts set up on windows ten app?

Sent: June 9, 2019 11:07 PM

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Arlene

You have other accounts on the windows ten ap. How do you go into the account folders?

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

You will have to tab over to all accounts and then arrow down to the next account and enter on it. Note: there are times when you may have to shift tab to the list of emails.

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 2:28 PM

You have other accounts on the windows ten ap. How do you go into the account folders?

Chris Mullins

Hi Arlene

If you tab around the Mail interface you will find a control entitled “All Accounts”.  This is a listbox containing all the email accounts you have assigned to the mail app.  Use the arrow keys to select the one you wish to use then tab out of the control.  The next control is the Folders button, tap the spacebar on this and a list of folders for the selected email address will be displayed in a dialog box.  Arrow down to the one you want to view and press enter.  The contents of that folder will then appear in the messages list.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: 1             0 June 2019 21:29

There is also the option (which I personally loathe, but many love) of using a consolidated/unified inbox that includes messages from all accounts.  From the page, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/no-unified-inbox-for-mail-app-in-windows-10/1158944f-4f92-4808-804c-02f63761a789?auth=1:

click on the Accounts header in Mail, then select Link Inboxes on the popup window that appears on the righthand section of the screen, and select all accounts... voila.. consolidated inbox view

I haven't played with this in a while, but I don't think the feature has been discontinued.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

~ H.L. Mencken